Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How much to pay a mothers helper?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 9:58 pm
Hi I'm in monsey and looking to pay a girl to be a mothers helper/ babysitter in the afternoons every day for my 2 kids. What is the normal going rate?
Mostly I will be home with her but I will need her to take my kids off the bus, and then I get home and I would like her to just watch the kids, nothing hard like feeding or bathing them. Occasionally I will need her to babysit when my work meetings run late. Does $12 an hour make sense?

amother
Chocolate

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 10:01 pm
That's what I paid a going into 9th grader this summer for a similar job. I live in Flatbush if that helps.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 10:07 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
That's what I paid a going into 9th grader this summer for a similar job. I live in Flatbush if that helps.

Oh but I need from 3-5pm so it needs to be a girl who's out of school already...

amother
Indigo

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 10:13 pm
It's very hard to find a girl that's available 3-5, they're either working or in school. My neighbor has an older women for that time frame.

watergirl

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 10:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oh but I need from 3-5pm so it needs to be a girl who's out of school already...

Thats what makes this time frame so hard. The job you need really only requires a young girl. But they are in school. Someone older who is in between college classes at that time and has availability will need to be paid more...

notshanarishona

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 10:34 pm
Probably more like $15 + an hour if you are getting an adult . A teenager would charge $10-12

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 10:57 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Probably more like $15 + an hour if you are getting an adult . A teenager would charge $10-12

15 or more? yikes

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 10:57 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
It's very hard to find a girl that's available 3-5, they're either working or in school. My neighbor has an older women for that time frame.

Do you know how much she pays her?

SuperWify

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 11:04 pm
$12 is too little for a girl out of high school.

amother
Indigo

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 11:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you know how much she pays her?

I don't know, though I can't imagine an adult would do this for under $20-$25 an hour. I wouldn't be surprised if it's $25-$30.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 1:03 am
I used seminary girls for several years. It was $15 (sem said that was going rate). This was a few years ago and salaries have only gone up. I was not around and it was a big job, but I don't think it would be less if she had fewer responsibilities. this is what they get paid for their time. Now I use a bubby and pay mid $20s......and it is yikes!!!! But need it for my job so have to cough up the dough. I'm happy to have a frum lady and that costs. (Lakewood)

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 2:26 am
I paid $10 fourteen years ago in Ohio. In New York NOW? I'd say $15 at the very least, but go for a newly married stay at home mom without kids of her own or a bubby without young kids at home. A teen won't likely be available those hours and a woman with kids is home dealing with her own little ones.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 10:55 am
Gosh now I really don’t know what to do. Don’t have that much money to spend on this but I really need someone soon. DH gets the kids from the bus but he’s going to start working out of town soon.
Reason why I want a girl is because all I really want her to do after she gets them off the bus is to play with them and an older lady doesn’t have patience for that

amother
Red

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 11:09 am
You may luck out and find a college age girl who has a few extra hours in her day and would be happy to have an easy way to earn some extra money. Just be aware that when her schedule changes due to a new semester she may suddenly no longer be available. You do need to pay at least $15, though. Maybe you could hire someone for 3 days a week, instead of all 5.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 11:11 am
I did a job like that in Monsey during shana rishona, 20 years ago I was paid $12/hour. When I left they offered me $15 because it’s hard to find someone reliable and they didn’t want to start over finding someone, but I had already committed to a different job.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 11:13 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I did a job like that in Monsey during shana rishona, 20 years ago I was paid $12/hour. When I left they offered me $15 because it’s hard to find someone reliable and they didn’t want to start over finding someone, but I had already committed to a different job.

But that was 20 years ago. Nowadays I think someone in that stage of life would expect $20-25.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 11:28 am
Would you be willing to use someone not Jewish /not frum? Public school kids may finish earlier and be willing. You could even reach out to your local ncsy to see if they know Jewish Public school kids to recommend.

tichellady

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 11:55 am
Did you find this person yet? Or you are just asking what to expect in terms of pay?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 11:58 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Would you be willing to use someone not Jewish /not frum? Public school kids may finish earlier and be willing. You could even reach out to your local ncsy to see if they know Jewish Public school kids to recommend.

Not jewish, never.
Not frum....depends on where they r holding

and I think I should quit my job and become a mothers helper if people are offering $30 an hour lol

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 1:13 pm
tichellady wrote:
Did you find this person yet? Or you are just asking what to expect in terms of pay?

Didnt find anyone yet. I want to advertise but don't know how much to offer
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics