Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Stuffed Eggplant With Tahini Drizzle

Amarante

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 11:36 am
This was a very good twist on a traditional eggplant. I got the recipe from a book that - surprise from the title LOL uses tahini in every dish - which range the gamut from dips/appetizers to sweets.

It is actually a good dish for the moderately lazy cook since everything - including the stuffed eggplants themselves can be made ahead and then the eggplants just popped in the oven before dinner.

I love roasted garlic - roasting it sweetens it and even by itself it is delicious as a spread for the meal garlic lover.

The sauces are a bit mix and match - I went with Roasted Carrot Tahini and Roasted Garlic Tahini. I am going to post the recipes for the sauces in the dip section since they can actually be used for stand alone dips.

You could make the recipe parve by tinkering with the panko/parmesan topping. I have never tried vegan parmesan but I know it exists. Also the bread crumb topping would probably be okay without parmesan but everything is better with cheese as far as I'm concerned. Smile If you need a entree for vegan or veggie people, this would work and the recipe is easily scaled up if you are feeding more than four.

Here is the link to the sauces for easy reference
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....54969

Stuffed Eggplant with Tahini Drizzle

Excerpt From: Amy Zitelman with Andrew Schloss - The Tahini Table: Go Beyond Hummus with 100 Recipes for Every Meal
  
SERVES 4

These loaded eggplants are the perfect vegetarian dinner party entrée. They
can be assembled a day ahead and baked once guests arrive.

4 small eggplants
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
2 cups Warm Spinach and Feta Tahini or Roasted Carrot Tahini with Smoked Paprika
Cooking spray
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
1 cup Roasted Garlic Tahini Sauce or Sweet and Sour Tahini Dressing
1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley or cilantro

Cut out a narrow wedge down the length of each eggplant and scrape out the interior flesh with a spoon, leaving enough to ensure that the remaining eggplant shell is sturdy. Chop the flesh you removed.

Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and chopped eggplant and sauté, chopping and turning with a spatula, until tender, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic, salt, and pepper and cook for another 30 seconds. Stir in the beans and tomatoes and cook until heated through. Scrape the eggplant mixture into a bowl and stir in the Spinach or Carrot Tahini. Wipe out the skillet.

Turn the oven to 375ºF. Grease a 9 × 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.

Season the eggplant shells with salt and pepper. Set the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the eggplants, cut-side down. Cook until the eggplants brown, about 5 minutes. Flip them and brown the other side, about 4 minutes more. Transfer the eggplants, cut-side up, to the prepared baking dish. Load the eggplant shells with the eggplant-tahini filling.

Mix the Parmesan and panko in a small bowl and sprinkle over the top of the eggplants. Bake until the eggplants are fork-tender, about 30 minutes.

Transfer the eggplants to a serving platter and drizzle the tahini sauce over the top. Sprinkle with the herb
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals