Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
S/O clearing the snow (females can as well)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 4:49 pm
penguin wrote:
As far as garbage is concerned, many women are BH busy with babies. How are you going to take out the trash? With a baby on one arm & a toddler hanging on to the skirt?

So even if the wife is a working mother, when she's filling up the trash (cooking etc) she's home with kids.

ETA: (And even once there are older kids to either take out the trash or watch the baby while Mom takes it out, by that time likely the routine has been established.)

And the husband is going out to Maariv or whatever, possibly more outings than the wife.

So it really makes a lot of sense that he'd take along the garbage.

Now let's say the trash isn't heavy. And even let's say the DH takes the child to babysitter/playgroup in the morning as they both head for work. Still, he has pockets, and she often doesn't (another product of the paternalistic culture, no doubt!). So who is more likely to have a free hand to take the garbage?
In my whole life I never thought so deeply about why a man should be the one to take out the trash.
OK, lets see, in america, usually, the trash is right outside the house. No woman is carrying a baby 24 /7 and kids do go to sleep. So, to me that "argument" is null and void.
To literally step outside to put the trash out, it can be done. I promise you.
Now, I live in Israel and we dont have trash containers near our homes. They are at the end of the blocks, so sometimes you have to walk for a few minutes to get to the garbage containers. And I still see wives and mothers taking out the trash.
But again, I never thought as deeply as you seemed to, about who should take the trash out.
Its really just whomever is able and available.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 4:51 pm
Snowing heavily here again. Saw your thread title. Yes women can but who would want to. Thrilled I do not have to. Thanks for the gratitude reminder.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 4:52 pm
Who would want to has already been answered. Some people love it.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 7:28 pm
Today I did most of our paths and went around the corner to do sidewalk for elderly neighbor as well. I was having fun but now I still feel a tad short of breath. But energized! It was fun!
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics