Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Do you have a self clean oven?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 10:32 pm
If not, how do you clean it for pesach? Which cleaning supplies work best for it?

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 10:34 pm
I don't have self clean. I vacuum and wash it down with fantastic spray. Turn it on 550 for 2/3 hours.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 10:35 pm
I sprayed with shumanit oven cleaner, let sit for 30 min, and then washed off the rest with Ajax and steel wool.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 10:39 pm
Clean oven really well including hidden spots like corners of oven and door, etc. Clean a second time to go over any more spots.

Since it's not self clean, very likely you will need caustic cleaners like St Moritz (take out oven pieces and do it outside, protecting your face with mask and hands with gloves - do not spray during wind). I did this for many years.

Once oven and racks are clean, kasher by setting the oven to broil or to 550 highest setting for 1 hour.

You can easily look this up on Star-K and OU so you know you're doing it right.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 10:41 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Clean oven really well including hidden spots like corners of oven and door, etc. Clean a second time to go over any more spots.

Since it's not self clean, very likely you will need caustic cleaners like St Moritz (take out oven pieces and do it outside, protecting your face with mask and hands with gloves - do not spray during wind). I did this for many years.

Once oven and racks are clean, kasher by setting the oven to broil or to 550 highest setting for 1 hour.

You can easily look this up on Star-K and OU so you know you're doing it right.

I was told that cleaning to such an extent isn't necessary because everything anyways gets burnt out and deemed not chometz.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry