Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
A look inside of why things are the way they are
Previous  1  2

Reality

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 7:40 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Exactly. People are calling thing like a swollen arm for 2 weeks, even with an infection, a febrile seizure, etc. a severe adverse reaction, but these are not. Then people who have legitimate issues like real seizures, anaphylaxis, etc. are not listened to. 1 in 1 or 3 million people have a legitimate adverse reaction severe enough to not vaccinate again. I know someone in NY right now who has a medical exemption for 1 child out of 12 for one particular vaccine. DOH accepted it without issue. I think the amother who has an issue wth DOH either did not have a legitimate reaction OR has a lazy doctor who doesn't know how to fill out paperwork.

I am extremely pro vaccination. But I can understand a parent who lost a child because of a vaccine not wanting to give any vaccines. There must be so much emotional trauma involved watching their child getting a shot.

Not everything in life is perfectly rational. We have to take into account human physiology sometimes. If we have good herd immunity we should be able to exempt a family like this. Unfortunately, all the people who have taken advantage of the system have ruined it for the families that really need the exemptions.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 12:06 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Exactly. People are calling thing like a swollen arm for 2 weeks, even with an infection, a febrile seizure, etc. a severe adverse reaction, but these are not. Then people who have legitimate issues like real seizures, anaphylaxis, etc. are not listened to. 1 in 1 or 3 million people have a legitimate adverse reaction severe enough to not vaccinate again. I know someone in NY right now who has a medical exemption for 1 child out of 12 for one particular vaccine. DOH accepted it without issue. I think the amother who has an issue wth DOH either did not have a legitimate reaction OR has a lazy doctor who doesn't know how to fill out paperwork.

Among the 7 families suing the DOH, were children whose SIBLINGS DIED FROM VACCINES -
confirmed by government vaccine court! One family had TWO CHILDREN DIE FROM VACCINATION -
and still their medical exemptions were not accepted.

Amother Ruby, do you think having a child DIE from vaccination is not a "good enough" excuse to
exempt the siblings????

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 12:08 pm
Reality wrote:
I am extremely pro vaccination. But I can understand a parent who lost a child because of a vaccine not wanting to give any vaccines. There must be so much emotional trauma involved watching their child getting a shot.

Not everything in life is perfectly rational. We have to take into account human physiology sometimes. If we have good herd immunity we should be able to exempt a family like this. Unfortunately, all the people who have taken advantage of the system have ruined it for the families that really need the exemptions.

This is not "emotional".

A Sibling of a child who died from vaccination is VERY HIGH RISK
of dying or having a PERMANENT INJURY from vaccination. That is pure logic.

Reality

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 12:26 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
This is not "emotional".

A Sibling of a child who died from vaccination is VERY HIGH RISK
of dying or having a PERMANENT INJURY from vaccination. That is pure logic.

Not necessarily. I have a sibling with many anaphylactic allergies. I have none.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 12:33 pm
Reality wrote:
Not necessarily. I have a sibling with many anaphylactic allergies. I have none.

Correct- sometimes the reaction can be attributed to a known underlying condition that siblings don't share.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 1:17 pm
Medicine is supposed to be for the benefit of the individual - not the "collective good".

Taking risks for the "collective good" is a communist idea.

Given that the risk of dying from disease is so tiny, compared to the risk of vaccinating a child
whose sibling died from vaccination, of course nobody should FORCE such a child to take the
vaccine!

nchr

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 1:18 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Medicine is supposed to be for the benefit of the individual - not the "collective good".

Taking risks for the "collective good" is a communist idea.

Given that the risk of dying from disease is so tiny, compared to the risk of vaccinating a child
whose sibling died from vaccination, of course nobody should FORCE such a child to take the
vaccine!

No one should be forcing anyone to do anything really. I don't understand what the argument is.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 1:48 pm
Do any of you agree with me that since these children have ME's and no disease is contagious from their home over a computer screen, this is a disgusting political power strongarming grab? And so wrong? I cannot say misuse of those who should not have caused this, too bad. Wrong is wrong. Children should be allowed to go to school virtually no matter what, period.

farm

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 10:28 pm
If the facts of this case are true as stated in the article, it’s telling me that a segment of the pro vaccination camp is as irrational and blind as the anti vaccination crowd. Unable to review information in an open minded and non biased manner. Scary. But hey, there are a lot of hot headed dumb people out there. 🤷‍♀️

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 8:34 pm
Ginger, is the school willing to work with you? Or another school? I would not take that chance.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics