Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Whats For Supper Tonight-Honest!
  Previous  1  2  3 119 120  121  122  Next

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 7:55 pm
MiriFr wrote:
Hamburgers with pickled onions, garlic aioli, and avocado
Sweet potato fries

Yum!
Did you make the burgers/onions/aioli? If yes can you post recipes?

Tonight was herb roasted chicken, mashed potatoes and mashed sweet potatoes.

Tomorrow will be beef burgoignon (how do you spell that???)

mfb

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 8:31 pm
Homemade whole wheat pizza

tigerwife

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 9:10 pm
MiriFr wrote:
I’m assuming she served soup and also meatballs as a separate dish Wink

Ah... but think of the possibilities!

MiriFr

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 9:17 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Yum!
Did you make the burgers/onions/aioli? If yes can you post recipes?

Tonight was herb roasted chicken, mashed potatoes and mashed sweet potatoes.

Tomorrow will be beef burgoignon (how do you spell that???)

Sure did!
Burgers are my specialty 🙃 Ground beef is beautiful by itself and doesn’t need add-ins, like eggs or breadcrumbs. It’s not a frisbeed meatball. I just add seasoning to taste: salt, pepper, onion soup mix, hefty squirt of bbq sauce. Form quarter lb balls (I divided a lb package into 4). Heat up cast iron skillet, add your burger balls, and immediately smash down with spatula. They cook quickly, 2-3 min per side. Or you can cook them as you usually cook your burgers! This is how I do mine.

Pickled onions are my fave topping! I always have in the fridge. Slice purple onion into very thin half rings. I stuff the half rings into a mason jar like the hipster that I am 😎. I add some peppercorns and a bay leaf for extra fancy points. The pickling liquid I make doesn’t have measurements, but here’s a ballpark recipe: 1/2 cup red wine vin, 1/2 c water, 2-3 Tb sugar, pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer and then pour over your mason jarred onions. Let cool in fridge.
They last a while, and I put them on everything- salads, sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, meat pizza, pulled beef flatbreads

Garlic aioli is really simple- 1 egg yolk, 2 tsp Dijon mustard, 1 garlic cube. Combine them and then slowwwwly add in olive oil until it emulsifies, about half cup olive oil. But delicately pour it in and whisk every time you pour in a little. Then add a squirt of lemon juice. That’ll make it much whiter.

Last edited by MiriFr on Mon, Feb 08 2021, 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

MiriFr

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 9:17 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Ah... but think of the possibilities!

That does sound creative

busy mommy

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 2:18 am
Zehava wrote:
Scrambled eggs and toast with rainbow muffins

What are rainbow muffins?

watergirl

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 3:31 am
bernadette wrote:
Mozzarella sauce? What is it?

It’s from the beis yaakov cookbook. Best, quickest main for a dairy meal. I leave out the onions because my kids don't like them.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 4:39 am
MiriFr wrote:
Sure did!
Burgers are my specialty 🙃 Ground beef is beautiful by itself and doesn’t need add-ins, like eggs or breadcrumbs. It’s not a frisbeed meatball. I just add seasoning to taste: salt, pepper, onion soup mix, hefty squirt of bbq sauce. Form quarter lb balls (I divided a lb package into 4). Heat up cast iron skillet, add your burger balls, and immediately smash down with spatula. They cook quickly, 2-3 min per side. Or you can cook them as you usually cook your burgers! This is how I do mine.

Pickled onions are my fave topping! I always have in the fridge. Slice purple onion into very thin half rings. I stuff the half rings into a mason jar like the hipster that I am 😎. I add some peppercorns and a bay leaf for extra fancy points. The pickling liquid I make doesn’t have measurements, but here’s a ballpark recipe: 1/2 cup red wine vin, 1/2 c water, 2-3 Tb sugar, pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer and then pour over your mason jarred onions. Let cool in fridge.
They last a while, and I put them on everything- salads, sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, meat pizza, pulled beef flatbreads

Garlic aioli is really simple- 1 egg yolk, 2 tsp Dijon mustard, 1 garlic cube. Combine them and then slowwwwly add in olive oil until it emulsifies, about half cup olive oil. But delicately pour it in and whisk every time you pour in a little. Then add a squirt of lemon juice. That’ll make it much whiter.

Sounds delicious! Thank you!

dankbar

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 4:52 am
My mom does butternut veg soup with turkey meatballs in it instead of matzo balls, as a one pot dish, especially on Pesach for non gebrokts. No tomato sauce, just ground turkey, grated veg in it maybe , maybe onions grated, salt & pepper, eggs, maybe mashed potatoes to hold it together. Like a falsche fisch recipe but cooked in butternut soup instead of in water so it takes on a different taste.
I am not sure if she includes veggies in it or not, but I do include veg in my falsche fish or patties recipe on Pesach, that's why I tookthe liberty to include it

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 4:56 am
Vegetarian chili and cornbread

mochamix18

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 5:38 am
Mushroom quiche from the freezer.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 6:19 am
I usually don’t make sheet pan dinners because too many people, but did last night. Honey mustard chicken coated in almonds, cubed potatoes, and onions.

MiriFr

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 7:04 am
allthingsblue wrote:
Sounds delicious! Thank you!

It is! Enjoy Smile
If you don’t want to use raw eggs in the aioli (or if you’re vegan, in which case use Impossible Beef. It’s way better than Beyond), you can use mayo with a melted garlic cube and a squirt of Dijon mustard. (Hellman’s vegan mayo, for the vegans!)

MiriFr

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 7:05 am
yo'ma wrote:
I usually don’t make sheet pan dinners because too many people, but did last night. Honey mustard chicken coated in almonds, cubed potatoes, and onions.

Pleeeeaaaase share recipe!!! I have chicken cutlets thawing on the counter, and I’m frantically searching this thread for ideas! This sounds so good

yo'ma

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 9:34 am
MiriFr wrote:
Pleeeeaaaase share recipe!!! I have chicken cutlets thawing on the counter, and I’m frantically searching this thread for ideas! This sounds so good

I used the bottom part of the chicken, which can cook longer and stays juicy which was good since I cooked it with potatoes, which takes a long time. If you’re using the breast, either make the potatoes very small or put them in first. Anyway, I cut the chicken into larger than a nugget size and coated it in a honey mustard dressing. I, or rather my ds Smile , put in honey, mustard, garlic powder, and a splash of vinegar. I chopped unroasted and unsalted almonds and put it on the chicken. There wasn’t enough to cover all of it, but that was fine. Peeled and cubed potatoes, quartered the onions and separated the layers. Put all on parchment paper, separately. I put salt and pepper on the potatoes, salt on the onion and a drizzle of olive oil on both. Cooked it on 375 for an hour uncovered.

mha3484

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 9:39 am
My kids love taco tuesday so I saw a recipe for a taco spiced pasta in the instant pot that I think I want to make

chili-n-cholent

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 11:49 am
onion potato soup, grilled salmon, cheese blintzes and strawberry sauce, hearts of palm avocado grape tomato salad with dill dressing
Fancy tonight cuz I'm sending supper to a sick relative... maybe I'll also send some fruit

Stars

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 12:49 pm
Scrambled eggs over fried potatoes and bagels and salad.

Flowermum

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 12:59 pm
Meat Balls cooked in tomatoe sauce and star couscos cooked in fried onions and fresh small cut peppers.

watergirl

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 1:15 pm
Meatball subs and instant pot chicken soup for me because I am not feeling well.
Page 120 of 122   Previous  1  2  3 119 120  121  122  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus