Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Birthdays & Anniversaries
When do you celebrate?

corolla

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 6:39 pm
On what day do you celebrate your (Hebrew) anniversary? If your chuppah was after shkiah on the 26th of Shevat, do you celebrate on the day your wedding was scheduled (25th Shevat) or the next day (26th Shevat) since that's when the chuppah was?

JD03

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 6:53 pm
If your goal is to celebrate on the actual jewish date, I'd say it should be after the shakiah bc your chuppah was technically on the next day.
Ive kept celebrations to the english dates, except birthdays which are celebrated on the day of- technically starting the night before.

shmosmom

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 8:06 am
I celebrate the night I got married. Say Jan 25. If you do the Hebrew calendar I don't see why it would be much different, if you got married chaf beis at night then you celebrate chaf beis at night.

SYA

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 8:24 am
I celebrate the actual Hebrew date. So from your example it would be the 26th of Shvat

corolla

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 8:46 am
Thanks! Just wondering.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Birthdays & Anniversaries