Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Vacation alone

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 5:07 pm
Anyone did it? How was it

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 5:11 pm
Right now it sounds heavenly!

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 5:13 pm
Been to conferences alone. Away from works and kids, a conference is a vacation!

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 5:15 pm
Me Hiding
And I love every minute of it.
Most recently, spent a weekend at our vacation house. Just me, the woods, privacy. It was perfect. I try to take a mental health break by myself every few months, for a night or two at least. Last summer, I went to the Jersey shore and spent a week. Made myself organic, green meals, went for massages, facials and attended some art classes. It was also amazing. I sat on the beach and relaxed all evening, enjoying my own company. Read a book, listened to some music. It's so important to take time for yourself because if you don't, how will you take care of everyone else? Every year, I go to FL for a work thing that lasts a week. I have my own hotel room, schmooze all day and attend conferences, lunches, dinners, etc. but still make time for a massage or just to sit on my hotel porch, relaxing. It's hard work but also me time to be someone other than a wife and mother. To be a professional who's actually good at my job. And its fun to go places alone. It's also fun to go somewhere with just a girlfriend. Last summer, my bestie and I took the train to Rhode Island and roamed through the gorgeous mansions there and spent four days just chilling. Maybe taking these trips for myself makes me selfish but whatever. I come back better equipped to handle my life.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 5:15 pm
I'm really introverted but I'd still miss dh. I went on a work trip to California for 3 days, hotels and food paid for, and still missed him (the kids not so much lol). Same when he convinced me to go to a kimpeturin heim. But if you're vacationing to get away from him then you shouldn't have this problem

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 5:20 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I'm really introverted but I'd still miss dh. I went on a work trip to California for 3 days, hotels and food paid for, and still missed him (the kids not so much lol). Same when he convinced me to go to a kimpeturin heim. But if you're vacationing to get away from him then you shouldn't have this problem

Vacationing alone doesn't mean that we want to get away from DH. Not everyone's husband can take off and the wife can really use a break so the only option is to go alone. I'm desperate for a break but I'm scared to go alone. I'm thinking of going to La'isha in Lakewood for afew days, they're also a women's vacation place.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 6:16 pm
I'd love to. And it's not specifically that I want to get away from dh, but that I need some time when absolutely nobody needs me for anything. Just me time. I would love to rent a one bedroom with a view somewhere in nature with a hot tub and quiet. Somewhere I could just sit outside and be, skip meals if I feel like it or eat them whenever, follow my own rhythms.

Not happening any time soon. Dh would be supremely insulted. And yes, I have explained- it's not something he can understand. And he likes to have a plan for every day, wake up early to fit things in, have full meals, etc.

spiritualsoul

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 6:20 pm
Would love to do a solo vacation. It's on my bucket list:)

ysydmom

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 6:35 pm
I am considering trying this idea not sure when or where but it sounds amazing.

spiritualsoul

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 6:43 pm
I would do Miami near the beach and near kosher food and that would be pure bliss:)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics