Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Bedtime ruins the whole day!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 1:04 pm
We can have a great day but then bedtime rolls around and the kids are flying all over and not willing to cooperate and then I lose my cool and the whole day is shot.

Why does this happen and what can be done about it?

yo'ma

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 6:21 am
I’m bumping this up for you, but at the same time, no matter how bedtime goes, don’t let that feeling think it ruined the day.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 6:25 am
smart to be proactive and make a plan -- try to pinpoint the bottlenecks and issues. Look at it during a quiet time in the morning.
Do they all need to separate and wind down earlier? A minute alone with each in bed? incentives?
Lots depends upon ages and other factors. Challenging to deal with at the end of the day. Best not to attach a whole story to it but rather look at the concrete facts as a puzzle you can improve upon step by step over time
Hatzlocha!

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 6:25 am
Oh my, same exact story here. I try to be a patient , warm, and loving mother all day and it works until bedtime !! It is so so hard to be calm when the kids are not cooperating and I jsut want my peace and quiet . Following

flowerpower

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 6:40 am
Bedtime is the hardest part of the day for many people. Tell yourself all day that you won’t lose it and work on staying calm no matter what happens. Although things can get frustrating, if you are in control of your emotions the situation will be calmer. Make a bedtime plan and stay firm.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 6:43 am
Instead of avoiding the topic throughout the day address it throughout the day productively and positively make a chart of stickers prizes and the like and reinforce that they will all go to bed nicely -- break it into concrete measurable steps. For yourself examine what happens that you don't want to happen and think what you can do to be preventative while understanding and accepting change does not always happen overnight and it is not all in your control. Sometimes starting bedtime routine earlier can help. Depending upon age they can read in bed once bathed pajama'ed and ready in bed if this is a reward for them or a quick story once they are all ready and in bed. Sometimes the maxim divide and conquer helps too. The only time we don't want "achdus" is when its like kid rebellion lol.
hugs and hatzlocha

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 7:23 am
@ourmamavillage on Instagram is doing a whole series on bedtime and it's great

lucky14

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 8:39 pm
Happened to us and I've been trying to figure out exactly where we are going wrong and what we can do to make things better. I've made some changes and so far it's going a TON better. I can't advise you with the specifics though since it has to do with my kids and what they need. But maybe try to figure out some things you could do to help make it smoother. How old are your kids? What is the bedtime routine now? When do things start going crazy?

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 8:44 pm
Same here and my kids aren't even so young. I thought by this age things would be easy already where bedtime is concerned. Every night is a disaster. And I feel like I've tried it all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics