Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Is it worth it to get a robot vacuum?
Previous  1  2

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 6:43 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Not the OP, but what brand do you recommend, specifically for people with pets. Our newest family member is cute, but he does shed. Does anyone have a Eufy?

I have a Eufy but no pet... Its a dumb device that gets my blessings daily. I put it on when I leave and come back to a crumb free house. I know its sore points already and block those. I.E., it gets stuck over wires, under highriser (I close that door) behind my reclining sofa (I block it with somthiner).
Oh the joy to walk barefoot!

number

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 6:46 pm
I missed the comment about pets. Roborock s6 maxv has a poop sensor. If you’ve seen the pictures of what happens when your pet does their business right before the robot gets there then you know. I think there’s another vac with the poop sensor but I’m blanking. I wouldn’t recommend getting a vac without one if you have pets.

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 8:17 pm
Yes love them.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 12:39 pm
I bought the Roborock S6Max a few months ago. It's a lifesaver!

Every night, I pull the kitchen stools away from the counter (that's where lots of crumbs accumulate) and run it.

(The only con: Sometimes late at night, when DH is away, I hear it bang into things and get scared that there's an intruder!)

My main level is a fairly open floor plan, kitchen, living room, dining room. I use it to vacuum and therfore hardly ever sweep. I used the mopping mode once, but don't see much of a need for it, since it just glides over the floor as though it's a heavy wet rag - it doesn't soak up the dirty water and put down clean water, as some mopping-only robots can do.

On Shabbos, I sometimes sweep the whole main level, and it takes me 20+ minutes!

I love emptying the dustbin from the day before in the evening when I'm about to run it. It has so many crumbs and dust! Sometimes a tiny lego or pony holder; it's so satisfying!

Before I put my daughter to bed, I say, "Please pick up xyz, so the robot doesn't eat it!" and later in the evening, when I'm about to head upstairs for the night, I look around and pick up anything the robot might "eat". It hates wires and strings and lanyards! So I lift up any chargers or chords that are dangling on the floor, and that's it! I also close the door of the coat closet, so it won't eat the straps of my daughter's knapsack. It won't actually eat them, lol, but it will text me that it has an error, and if I'm asleep, I've lost that evening's cleanup.

It has mapping capabilities, and I can set it to only run in the dining room, for example, if I'm busy in the kitchen.

I come downstairs in the morning, the robot has gone back to its charging dock at the hallway closet, and the floor is perfectly swept!

asmileaday

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 12:44 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
I bought the Roborock S6Max a few months ago. It's a lifesaver!

Every night, I pull the kitchen stools away from the counter (that's where lots of crumbs accumulate) and run it.

(The only con: Sometimes late at night, when DH is away, I hear it bang into things and get scared that there's an intruder!)

My main level is a fairly open floor plan, kitchen, living room, dining room. I use it to vacuum and therfore hardly ever sweep. I used the mopping mode once, but don't see much of a need for it, since it just glides over the floor as though it's a heavy wet rag - it doesn't soak up the dirty water and put down clean water, as some mopping-only robots can do.

On Shabbos, I sometimes sweep the whole main level, and it takes me 20+ minutes!

I love emptying the dustbin from the day before in the evening when I'm about to run it. It has so many crumbs and dust! Sometimes a tiny lego or pony holder; it's so satisfying!

Before I put my daughter to bed, I say, "Please pick up xyz, so the robot doesn't eat it!" and later in the evening, when I'm about to head upstairs for the night, I look around and pick up anything the robot might "eat". It hates wires and strings and lanyards! So I lift up any chargers or chords that are dangling on the floor, and that's it! I also close the door of the coat closet, so it won't eat the straps of my daughter's knapsack. It won't actually eat them, lol, but it will text me that it has an error, and if I'm asleep, I've lost that evening's cleanup.

It has mapping capabilities, and I can set it to only run in the dining room, for example, if I'm busy in the kitchen.

I come downstairs in the morning, the robot has gone back to its charging dock at the hallway closet, and the floor is perfectly swept!

Sounds like a dream! I see it's on sale now for $599 instead of 749.99, is that really a sale price? Or is that how much it usually is? (Not that I'm ready to spend that yet on a robovac Smile )

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 1:04 pm
I have an Eufy and love it.
Use it often.

asweet

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 3:01 pm
I have a roomba love it for the daily clean up in the kitchen and basement!

Extremely worthwhile I even took it to the bungalow this past summer, we can't be without it! Saves tons of time.

amother
Aqua

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 5:46 pm
I've also been looking into getting one of these. Can't figure out which will work for me. Tiles and carpet. No WiFi and don't need the mopping addition. Any recommendations?

snowflake1

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 10:21 pm
Is there a point in getting this if you have mashed up food on the floor like all Cheerios pieces of orange etc.

applepie

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 10:35 pm
rdmom wrote:
We have the Roborock. And I definitely use it instead of vacuuming. You should see the amount of dust it collects at each cleaning. I have a cleaning lady once a week. I feel that since I run my vacuum 2-3 times a week the house stays so much cleaner. Used to take my cleaning lady so long to clean cuz vacuuming took up so much of her time. Now I run the vacuum the night before she comes, and it saves her so much time.
It’s definitely been a lifesaver and saved me money too. For the cleaning lady.

I have the roborock and I loved it but it fell off my WiFi and it won’t go back on. Are you in the US any tips on getting it up and running

tichellady

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 10:39 pm
I have the eufy but regret not getting a higher end one. I feel the eufy isn’t smart enough

amother
Magenta

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 10:50 pm
I had one but we hated it and gave it away...I dont like how it cleaned and felt I was always cleaning up for it...

amother
Bisque

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 11:23 pm
tichellady wrote:
I have the eufy but regret not getting a higher end one. I feel the eufy isn’t smart enough

I agree. But for $200 it was a great tryout investment.

asmileaday

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 12:02 am
tichellady wrote:

Yeah that's what I have too. The model I have isn't even compatible with border strips to block off rooms. It's quite dumb. Doesn't always go back to the base either. But it was $150...

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 12:15 am
Most definitely not. we got one and it got stuck once on a piece of glass, scratched up our brand new dining room floor! you have to watch it- I saw similar reviews about this happening. If you have carpet, it may be a good investment, but for hardwood floors- you really need to watch out.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 11:36 pm

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 11:49 pm
snowflake1 wrote:
Is there a point in getting this if you have mashed up food on the floor like all Cheerios pieces of orange etc.

Nope. Certainly not the one I have. It's like a vacuum for people who already have a super clean house just to keep things up. It does pick up lots of dust, but large crumbs and bits of trash from my kids stay on the floor. Mine was a gift - otherwise I'd have returned it.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 12:18 am
Does it pick up dry cereal?
Get stuck in corners? Do under counters and along baseboards? Looking at Deebot from Costco, but open to other.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 12:22 am
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....image

This is the one I have, it's about $100 so not a huge investment. The vacuum part is excellent and picks up large crumbs and basically anything, but it's really dumb and has no mapping capabilities. But again, its only about $100....
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry