Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Montessori schools
1  2  Next

busymother

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 1:33 pm
Does anyone know where there are frum ones located? My kids are thriving where they are now but we’re not so happy in the community...
Thanks!

mha3484

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 1:35 pm
We have one in Chicago. https://www.scdayschool.com/

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 1:35 pm
Richmond, VA has a fabulous Montessori preschool

Frumme

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 1:36 pm
There's one in Tampa, FL
ETA: FL has school vouchers with Step Up

Last edited by Frumme on Wed, Feb 10 2021, 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 1:36 pm
Netivot in East Brunswick NJ

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 1:50 pm
Ohr Torah Cincinnati, also known as OTC.
https://www.ohrtorahcincinnati.org/

This year, it has kids from toddler gan up to 8th grade. The 7th and 8th grades are smaller, but next year the 7th grade will be in line with the rest of the school. The school began with just first and second grade and has been growing one year at a time upward, and has also expanded down to the toddler age group.

I'm in my 5th year as an OTC parent, with 3 kids enrolled. We have been and are very happy there. Also, I'm happy to answer questions about Cincinnati.

P.S. Ohio has school vouchers!

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 1:52 pm
Darchei Noam Montessori in Baltimore goes up into middle school grades for girls and up through 3rd or 4th grade ( I think) for boys. My son is the boys' rebbe and wonderful DDIL taught preschool there for several years — she's taken this year off because of a new baby and Covid but expects to be back soon. https://business.facebook.com/.....ef=nf

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 2:08 pm
Bnos Aliyah on the UWS

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 2:23 pm
Darchei Aliya in Brooklyn

amother
Green

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 3:06 pm
I suggest you do your research well before moving to send to a school. Try to also find people who don't send to the school in the community.

I sent to one of the schools mentioned and ended up pulling my kids out. I loved the hands on learning but there were other things that made us decide to switch. I know other people who switched out as well. I also know people who are happy there.

busy mommy

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 3:43 pm
South Florida has for preschool

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 4:55 pm
I don't understand your post. That your children are thriving but you ( you and your husband?) Are not so happy with the community and what does that have to do with montessori school?

amother
Green

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 5:00 pm
not op but I'm guessing her kids are in a montessori school and are doing well there. She would like to move but would like to be able to send to the same type of school since it's working for her kids.

She's asking for suggestions of communities with that type of school and then she'll see if any of them have a community that she would feel comfortable in.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 7:49 pm
Thornhill in Toronto has one with lower elementary school classes

busymother

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 11:01 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
not op but I'm guessing her kids are in a montessori school and are doing well there. She would like to move but would like to be able to send to the same type of school since it's working for her kids.

She's asking for suggestions of communities with that type of school and then she'll see if any of them have a community that she would feel comfortable in.

Correct, thank you. We currently have our kids in one of the schools mentioned above. Not so simple to move now as our kids aren’t so young anymore. Wish I could have some nevuah to know what we’re supposed to do 😬😬.

Thank you all for the suggestions! Will look into them!

familyfirst

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 12:49 am
Don’t limit to Montessouri
Many regular schools incorporate a lot of Montessouri methods. Look for progressive, open minded schools who encourage continuous teacher training

naomi2

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 7:13 am
My two cents here, if your kids are thriving, don't move

busymother

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 12:02 pm
naomi2 wrote:
My two cents here, if your kids are thriving, don't move

Deep down I know you’re right. We probably won’t. Somehow it makes me feel a little better when I know what else is out there.

chaya007

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 12:21 am
mha3484 wrote:
We have one in Chicago. https://www.scdayschool.com/

I second this. My friend sent her kids to this school and she felt that they really benefitted from the environment.

naomi2

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 6:43 am
busymother wrote:
Deep down I know you’re right. We probably won’t. Somehow it makes me feel a little better when I know what else is out there.

I just want to send you some hugs. My kids are finally finally happy in their schools and I would love to move too. I understand.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics