Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
DS wants to transition but to where can he?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 1:55 pm
DS is in eleventh grade in a Yeshiva for boys who are one step up from being kids at risk. B’H he is getting slightly more serious and wants to move on. The question is where can he possibly go at this point ? He isn’t by the grade level of a mainstream school (not even a second tiered one) and he still needs more attention and less pressure than mainstream Yeshivas . On the other hand he is complaining that no one is learning anything, people are disruptive in class where he is , he is not as lazy as he once was (his words) so he wants to move on.

The school would have to be able to give a English high school diploma.

Does anyone have suggestions of where to send him or how to deal with this? What do other boys in such schools who become moderately more serious do?

We are in Lakewood. He isn’t willing to dorm but is willing to stay overnight by relatives in either Brooklyn or Monsey.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 2:01 pm
Maybe nesivos Chaim? It’s in Brooklyn. It’s a small yeshiva and there’s an English program as far as I know. I don’t know much though, maybe someone else does.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 3:23 pm
Adelphia? Maybe Weinberger's? You can try rabbi binyomin Strauss or rabbi glassman for guidance.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 3:45 pm
Shaarei Arazim in Monsey might be a possibility.
But Rabbi Strauss is an excellent idea. He should be able to guide you.
He will meet your son, evaluate his strengths & needs, and he knows all the mosdos and what they can offer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)