Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Schools and advenium
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 4:50 pm
What’s the deal with schools using advenium for extracurricular activities?

I don’t feel like signing those papers....

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 4:55 pm
It all boils down to money
Someone somewhere must be making lots of money

amother
White

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 4:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What’s the deal with schools using advenium for extracurricular activities?

I don’t feel like signing those papers....

What schools? Is this in Brooklyn?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 5:00 pm
Well I’d rather pay for extracurriculars than having them diagnose my child with something bogus.

cnc

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 5:07 pm
I never heard of this and wouldn’t agree to it .

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 5:12 pm
From what I understood from someone who mentioned that her daughter’s school was doing this, was that it was an optional after school program. Her kids get all kinds of therapy and she was sending them to Advenium already previously, so she was happy about it going through the school.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 5:45 pm
Your child doesn't have to be dealing with a diagnosable mental illness to qualify. It's my understanding that if your child is stressed, dealing with anything difficult, can use social skills then you qualify. Find out.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 7:12 pm
IMO the whole thing is an insurance scam. My friend taught classes for their Monsey Branch. She’s not a medical or a mental health professional but a profession in the field she taught (ie art, yoga, nutrition etc) and she had a supervisor who signed off on everything to collect the insurance. I don’t know if the students even needed a diagnosis to attend the classes.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 7:16 pm
What is advenium?

mirelcakes

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 7:19 pm
[quote="amother [ Orchid ]"]IMO the whole thing is an insurance scam. My friend taught classes for their Monsey Branch. She’s not a medical or a me stalker health professional but a profession in the field she taught (ie art, yoga, nutrition etc) and she had a supervisor who signed off on everything to collect the insurance. I don’t know if the students even needed a diagnosis to attend the classes.[/quote
Yup! I was shocked on how many people on know we're told that their child needs play therapy. I know these kids personally and they are very well behaved and appropriately act their age. One mother told me that the principal goes to every teacher and asks for 2-3 girls who would benefit from the programs. When a school has a contract with these agencies you know it's for the money.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 7:31 pm
Sounds like a mockery of the term therapy
https://instagram.com/advenium.....avduz

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 8:52 pm
My daughter came home with this paper today as well. Let's just say, I work in this field and I know too much. The whole thing is a fraud. They're out to Bill and make money and in their consent form it clearly states that they can make decisions for the child's wellbeing, which basically means that they can start your kid on therapies that you haven't consented to. They use non hippa complaint methods of communication. They access things most other places don't for no good reason. Etc. It is a fake phony fraud. Be careful. Do digging before signing anything!
Anon for obvious reasons.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 8:55 pm
I personally know people who left the company because they were asked to sign off on things that would compromise their license... Be careful

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 9:37 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
My daughter came home with this paper today as well. Let's just say, I work in this field and I know too much. The whole thing is a fraud. They're out to Bill and make money and in their consent form it clearly states that they can make decisions for the child's wellbeing, which basically means that they can start your kid on therapies that you haven't consented to. They use non hippa complaint methods of communication. They access things most other places don't for no good reason. Etc. It is a fake phony fraud. Be careful. Do digging before signing anything!
Anon for obvious reasons.

Can you explain? My son just started there and is very happy. He needs it.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 9:39 pm
[quote="amother [ White ]"]What schools? Is this in Brooklyn?[/quote

Also in a Monsey

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 9:44 pm
My neighbor tried to so Sunday clubs for girls through advenium and wanted me to sign up my girls. I didn't do it, seemed to fishy for me.

amother
White

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 9:46 pm
Really? I'm was going to sign my child up for one of their groups because the social worker at my son's developmental pediatrician's office (he has ASD) recommended them and said that she looked into them (Brooklyn) and it's legit, and she feels it would benefit my child as additional therapy to what he already receives.
Now I'm so unsure.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 9:50 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
Really? I'm was going to sign my child up for one of their groups because the social worker at my son's developmental pediatrician's office (he has ASD) recommended them and said that she looked into them (Brooklyn) and it's legit, and she feels it would benefit my child as additional therapy to what he already receives.
Now I'm so unsure.

It's legit for kids that need it and receive services.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 9:59 pm
Definitely legit for kids that have a diagnosis, kids on the spectrum, etc. For children that do not have a diagnosis and don't present with a need for one, signing up is a slippery slope. I also heard about a story that happened in Monsey in a boys yeshiva where signing up for their services had far reaching repercussions that I can't expand on.
As the saying goes, if there's smoke there's fire.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 10:00 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
I personally know people who left the company because they were asked to sign off on things that would compromise their license... Be careful

Yup, I've heard about this as well.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics