Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How old was your baby when they started really taking a paci

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 8:15 pm
I’ve been trying to get my baby to take a pacifier since birth. Most of the time she has no interest. On rare occasions she’ll suck it when she’s about to fall asleep but it doesn’t last long. I know that she just may not like it but I do see that she likes sucking and I know what a lifesaver a pacifier can be, especially since she has a very hard time self soothing.

I was curious to hear how late other kids got “attached” to it. Should I keep trying at one and a half months or give it up? My other kids had no issue taking it since day 1.

teachkids

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 8:18 pm
Try a different brand. My kid wouldn't take the soothie type no matter what and then we switched to MAM and she's held onto it every since.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 8:18 pm
My babies that took a pacifier it didn't take more than a week. Sometimes you need to try afew to find one the baby likes.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 9:17 pm
I tried the mam and nuk. Those were no goes. He takes the bib on rare occasions. Any other must try?

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 9:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I tried the mam and nuk. Those were no goes. He takes the bib on rare occasions. Any other must try?

The hospital style paci. I think Avent and gumdrop brand make them. They're the big round silicon paci's.

jfk92

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 9:51 pm
Had one baby who wasn't really taking pacifiers so I kept trying different brands. This was a success
https://www.target.com/b/tomme.....56gzp

jd1212

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 9:55 pm
I highly recommend these- Philips AVENT Ultra Soft Pacifier, 0-6 Months, Arctic White/Green, 4 Pack, SCF214/40, White/Green https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F.....psc=1

We had the round hospital ones and she couldn’t keep it in her mouth for weeks. By maybe 8 weeks she started with these and it’s been great
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics