Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Hot Cocoa Machine

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 12:18 pm
Looking for a hot cocoa machine that will give me a cup of hot cocoa that is better than the instant mix packets. Maybe something that heats the milk or froths it up? 1 cup output is enough.
Thank you!

watergirl

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 12:20 pm
How much are you willing to spend? I LOVE LOVE LOVE the aeroccino that came with my nespresso (it is a separate unit). It does a bunch of things; it heats up the milk and froths it, it can heat it up without frothing also. It also has a setting to froth without heating it up if you want an iced coffee or whatever.

https://www.nespresso.com/us/e.....aw.ds

mizle10

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 12:22 pm
watergirl wrote:
How much are you willing to spend? I LOVE LOVE LOVE the aeroccino that came with my nespresso (it is a separate unit). It does a bunch of things; it heats up the milk and froths it, it can heat it up without frothing also. It also has a setting to froth without heating it up if you want an iced coffee or whatever.

I second this. My kids put chocolate syrup and milk inside and get a frothed hot cocoa.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 12:23 pm
Keurig makes awesome hot chocolate

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 12:33 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Keurig makes awesome hot chocolate

While I understand that some third-party cocoa pods are parve, most are dairy, which would make your Keurig dairy. I don't use them for that reason.

I own an inexpensive milk frother, which I use to make "cappucinos" with my moka pot. You do need to heat the milk first; I use my microwave for that.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

sky

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 12:37 pm
I also have a $30 frother. Bought December times I don’t know how long will last. We use it at least 4x a day. Makes delicious frothed milk. We mix with kosure hot cocoa mix and it’s delicious!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 1:07 pm
watergirl wrote:

Thank you! Can this be used as a stand alone item or only works with the Nespresso? What would I put inside, and how would the hot cocoa come out?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 1:15 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
While I understand that some third-party cocoa pods are parve, most are dairy, which would make your Keurig dairy. I don't use them for that reason.

I own an inexpensive milk frother, which I use to make "cappucinos" with my moka pot. You do need to heat the milk first; I use my microwave for that.

My husband agreeS with you (I only drink coffee in the morning so not an issue for me) but my moms keurig is dairy and I enjoy chocolate when visiting her.

watergirl

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 1:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you! Can this be used as a stand alone item or only works with the Nespresso? What would I put inside, and how would the hot cocoa come out?

The aeroccinos are stand alone. Look at the link I posted. There are a few options depending on how much you want to spend. Mine came with my machine because I got it in a bundle deal, but you can get them on their own. They sell it online and at target and other places.

Just put the milk (or milk substitute) in it. I would not recommend putting anything other than milk in the aeroccino. If you look at the one in the link I sent called Barista Recipe Maker (https://www.nespresso.com/us/en/order/machines/vertuo/barista-milk-frother-vertuo), this one holds more milk and you can put chocolate bars right in it. You can put a hot chocolate mix or find fun recipes online. I just watched a fun video on youtube the other day with a lady making an amazing looking hot chocolate drink in the barista recipe maker.

Now that I am thinking about it, while I love my nespresso (I LOVE IT), the thing in my kitchen that is used the most now that I have it is actually the aeroccino. I heat up milk in it for each of my kids every morning. One of my children needs a "breakfast drink" with more nutrients and when I heat and froth the milk in it, it makes it more palatable to him. The milk gets super creamy and rich.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 2:06 pm
watergirl wrote:
The aeroccinos are stand alone. Look at the link I posted. There are a few options depending on how much you want to spend. Mine came with my machine because I got it in a bundle deal, but you can get them on their own. They sell it online and at target and other places.

Just put the milk (or milk substitute) in it. I would not recommend putting anything other than milk in the aeroccino. If you look at the one in the link I sent called Barista Recipe Maker (https://www.nespresso.com/us/en/order/machines/vertuo/barista-milk-frother-vertuo), this one holds more milk and you can put chocolate bars right in it. You can put a hot chocolate mix or find fun recipes online. I just watched a fun video on youtube the other day with a lady making an amazing looking hot chocolate drink in the barista recipe maker.

Now that I am thinking about it, while I love my nespresso (I LOVE IT), the thing in my kitchen that is used the most now that I have it is actually the aeroccino. I heat up milk in it for each of my kids every morning. One of my children needs a "breakfast drink" with more nutrients and when I heat and froth the milk in it, it makes it more palatable to him. The milk gets super creamy and rich.

Thanks again! If I put milk and hot cocoa mix in this one, what happens to the drink and what sort of results do I get? Want to find something as a gift for someone who loves hot cocoa, for desk at work. Smile Thank you so might or your help!

cbsp

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 2:13 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

Thanks for this link, I just ordered it in blue.

watergirl

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 2:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks again! If I put milk and hot cocoa mix in this one, what happens to the drink and what sort of results do I get? Want to find something as a gift for someone who loves hot cocoa, for desk at work. Smile Thank you so might or your help!

The aeroccino or the barista recipe maker?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 2:19 pm
watergirl wrote:
The aeroccino or the barista recipe maker?

Can you explain both? I'm not a connoisseur. Smile

mizle10

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 2:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

You can’t put hot cocoa mix in the nespresso frother, it will stop and the light will blink. We tried:) we either put chocolate syrup inside- we’ve been doing for ages with no problem, or I mix the hot chocolate powder with a bit of hot water to dissolve it in a cup and then put in the hot frothed milk.

mizle10

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 2:23 pm
Just wanted to add, it doesn’t hold that much milk. It’s ok for my kids and I use it for milk for lattes but if I wanted a hot chocolate I would want a bigger serving.

watergirl

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 2:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you explain both? I'm not a connoisseur. Smile

I posted a link for you. It explains exactly what each machine does.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics