Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Brooklyn rentals - Boro park

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 5:02 am
Anybody know of WhatsApp groups that post rentals in Brooklyn? We are looking to move
Pls pm or comment links or numbers. Sorry for bugging y’all with WhatsApp groups. I lost them all when I got a new phone and number.
Thanks!!

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 11:13 am
Bump🙈

gande

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 11:30 am
I dont know whatsapp groups but luach hatzibur has the most rental listings. You can get it as an email every day.

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 11:52 am
Thanks! Do they post pics too?

gande

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 12:25 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Thanks! Do they post pics too?
no just listings.

Sprinkles1

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 2:50 pm
https://www.dailyluach.com/

click on the day on the left side

naomi2

Post Tue, Feb 02 2021, 6:37 pm
Your money would go much further out of brooklyn. I know this advice is unsolicited but I don't think you realize how much pressure you are under in bp. It might even get worse when your son is in school and there are more rules for you and for him. I would encourage you to look at other communities if you are moving anyway.

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 8:55 pm
naomi2 wrote:
Your money would go much further out of brooklyn. I know this advice is unsolicited but I don't think you realize how much pressure you are under in bp. It might even get worse when your son is in school and there are more rules for you and for him. I would encourage you to look at other communities if you are moving anyway.

What do you mean?

Bh we found a shul and a Rav we both like so we’re pretty much settled.

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 5:41 am
Update: no luck so far Sad
We’ve been looking at listings online and they all have one sink. Ever since I became frum I got used to using 2 sinks fairly quickly and can’t see myself going back to 1 sink :/
Can a renter install a second sink and kasher the other one? Can we install mezuzos?

We’ve been looking at the link luach hatzibbur macher etc

But my husband wants either a backyard or porch to build a sukkah so it’s very very tricky to find that in Boro park. Maybe Kesington would work since it’s more “rural” but I have to speak to my husband about this.
He wants to move within the next 4-6 months.

sequoia

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 6:43 am
Kensington is rural?

DREAMING

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 9:30 am
The Torah times and Links also have apt rentals in them

Lets_Eat_Pie

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 9:47 am
sequoia wrote:
Kensington is rural?

This would definitely come as a surprise to people living in Kensington. LOL LOL

OP, are you checking listings on Streeteasy? You can customize what you're looking for (# bedrooms, neighborhood boundaries, etc) and they'll email you a digest every day of new listings that fit your preferences. It's not aimed at the frum community but there are plenty of listings in BP, and even the green pastures of Kensington.

nanny24/7

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 10:51 am
OP I have no info on rentals.
But as far as sukkahs there are sukkahs in BP everywhere. Even people in apartment buildings manage finding where to put a sukkah.
At worst a neighbor who owns the driveway can agree to "rent" it for the week.
Is DH worried there won't be where to make a sukkah, or does he specifically want a porch or yard sukkah for convenience?
Yard sukkas are extremely inconvenient mind you and typically with no exit/entry way to get to the yard without schlepping all around a house.
Good luck!

nanny24/7

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 10:53 am
Oh and as far as renters installing sinks it depends on the landlord. If the landlord is frum and the neighborhood is frum, and you are willing to install the sink at your expense the landlord would be thrilled!
I installed a dishwasher as a renter and had no issue at all. Obviously ask the landlord permission.

doodlesmom

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 11:47 am
Do you prefer any neighborhood in BP? And how much rent is in your budget?

bnm

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 11:29 pm
It can take a year to find an apartment.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics