Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Help me stay accountable
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 3:56 pm
I’m trying to loose 5-10lb. I know staying away from carbs and having a meal plan works for me. I just need to check in with someone to keep me motivated. Anyone interested in joining? At the end of the day we can just come on a say if we stuck to it (whatever your diet/exercise plan is) and keep each other going

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 4:03 pm
This sounds good to me
I’ve lost 25lbs since after Sukkot
I need to lose another 35
I’ve been doing keto,

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 5:12 pm
Wow that’s amazing

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 5:43 pm
I need to loose 20-30 pounds. I don’t touch the pasta when I make it for the kids, and I don’t touch the cake/ cookies or anything like that. It’s helped so far as I’ve lost around 5 pounds in 2 wks .

mra01385

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 5:49 pm
To mauve,
That’s great that you lost 5lbs already.
What do you eat instead of pasta? I have a big craving for pasta, bread, baked goods. Can you offer some tips?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 5:40 pm
Bh I kept with it today ... Friday’s and shabbos are really hard. I’m hoping to check back in Motzei shabbos.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 5:43 pm
I’d love to. Starting after shabbos 😂 hope to lose 10 lbs. Staying away from carbs is definitely the way to go for me too

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 7:30 pm
I’m joining!
Hope to lose 15 pounds. I’m good about meal times, my trouble is when I get home from work I am hungry and tired and grab unhealthy foods.

OP and everyone else, shabbos is tough but you can do this!

bonz

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 9:26 pm
Recording everything you eat can help with accountability. There are some apps you can use for this.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 3:55 am
When I come home hungry instead of unhealthy carbs I try to have something else like cashews, Trader Joes sells the individual portion bags, or baby carrots and chummus or even a pack of unsweetened oatmeal.

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 5:06 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
When I come home hungry instead of unhealthy carbs I try to have something else like cashews, Trader Joes sells the individual portion bags, or baby carrots and chummus or even a pack of unsweetened oatmeal.

So we have the healthy choices at home, but when faced with either Reece’s or carrots...my tired post-work self has much less self control 😂

But my goal for the next week is to work on that time slot.

lamplighter

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 7:07 am
I can join. Id like to lose 50 lbs.
I plan my food. And I include some treats.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 7:20 am
I almost ate a nugo bar (the slim kind) but when I think of this group it’s so helpful.

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 10:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I almost ate a nugo bar (the slim kind) but when I think of this group it’s so helpful.

Woohoo! Success!
I’m scared to check my starting weight 🙈 this is definitely the heaviest I have ever been and I really don’t want to know...

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 10:39 am
Ok I want to join. Been totally overeating lately too. I want to lose 10 lbs.

This shabbos I plan to eat on piece challah per meal. One piece of cake max shabbos morning. One portion of rice, and potatoes. One portion cholent. As much chicken and veg as I want. No dessert, apple kugel, potato kugel.

I know it sounds like alot of food but I've been way overdoing it so this is improvement. See how this goes.

Eta: I weighed myself. 140.6 lbs that's about 4 lb gain in 3 weeks:( my goal is 130 lbs.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 5:12 pm
Friday and shabbos went pretty well. I’m going to weight myself at the end of this week...

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 5:16 pm
been off dairy for the past week boruch hashem. Dairy is usually my main protein, I am now in 3D therapy about my relationship with food physically and emotionally and dairy has come up as a big blockage for me.

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 5:18 pm
Shabbos was hard but I was successful overall bh.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 3:04 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Woohoo! Success!
I’m scared to check my starting weight 🙈 this is definitely the heaviest I have ever been and I really don’t want to know...

Just want to say that it’s worth weighing yourself, taking pictures and measurements before you start.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 3:08 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Just want to say that it’s worth weighing yourself, taking pictures and measurements before you start.

Thanks, great idea to measure oneself. I find weighing is not so accurate as I exercise in addition to healthy eating so I'm gaining muscle.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise