Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Do you invite your aunts/uncles to your son's Bar Mitzvah?
Previous  1  2

Do you invite your aunts and uncles to Bar Mitzvah?
Yes  
 92%  [ 114 ]
No  
 4%  [ 5 ]
Only some of them  
 1%  [ 2 ]
Other  
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 123

saralem

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 10:16 pm
Yes. But we had a teeny tiny budget so we basically just had Shabbos lunch for extended family at shul. After a nice kiddush for the community. Saved lots of money and we spent time with our most beloved family members.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 11:25 pm
Between my husband and myself, we have about 35 couples aunt/uncles. But both of us are from the older ones in the extended family so we grew up with our aunts and uncles, and there’s no way we’d get away with not inviting them all (even though we’re not close with all, and it’s expensive per person which we’ll pay for). They’ll be extremely hurt if we don’t invite them. We both come from large extended families, and the bar mitzvahs will have to be as big as a wedding (I don’t mean as grand, but as large in capacity). I really wish we didn’t have to. I’d love to keep it small.
ETA: not to mention our great aunts and uncles (our children’s great great aunts and uncles).

yo'ma

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 9:57 am
I would have, the same I’m invited to theirs, but we didn’t make anything huge and they live so far away.

Bleemee

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 10:01 am
keym wrote:
We do.
But I only have 3 sets of aunts and uncles within 100 mile distance.
So we send invitations to them all to keep them updated on our lives, but none except those who live nearby actually come, and even then only for the seuda not for Shabbos.
We also send invitations to our great-aunts and uncles, again to keep them posted on our life.
I put a picture of the bar mitzvah boy from when he put on tefillin (wearing his hat and jacket) in the envelope so it doesn't seem like we're just gunning for a gift.
I love the idea to include that picture.

amother
Black

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 10:55 am
of my 3 total on both sides, I would invite the gay one, she is the most normal of the bunch.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics