Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
A "positive things about my child" thread
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 5:46 am
I just started the Chofetz Chaim shalom project, and there's a video about relabeling your child or someone else you have difficulty with by giving a positive one. I am having particular difficulty with one kid. So in this thread, I want to try to post one positive thing a day about her. Feel free to do the same about someone in your life. Hoping to keep up until Purim, and maybe through Adar.

Today, dd put together her own shtick for Rosh Chodesh Adar, and then took along some extra for classmates who may not have.

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 5:52 am
Today my son showed courage by going to school even though he was in a bad mood and afraid he will lose points in school for misbehavior.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 6:09 am
Thanks for this thread. I too have difficulty with one DC.

This morning DC fixed the garage door and got it to close in the freezing cold.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 6:10 am
Delete

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 6:31 am
My ds8 waited and held the door open to the school building when he noticed a teacher coming.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 3:45 pm
Day 2.

Dd managed to not react to a negative comment from her sister.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 3:54 pm
Great thread! Will try to keep up.

Today my son apologized to his sister after asked.

Flowermum

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 5:00 pm
tonight my 2 sons sorted their bedside drawers together with no arguments and they completed it together till the very end.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:39 pm
Day 3. Dd tolerated me being on a necessary phone call better than she has in the past.

I'm loving reading the positives of these kids.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:53 pm
My son was looking forward to a playdate for 2 weeks and the kid cancelled on him in school. My son was upset but didn't lose himself.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 3:26 pm
Day 4: Dd managed a disappointment with an alternate plan. And she smiled a lot.

flmommy

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 7:51 pm
My DS helped and completed a project that only benefited someone beside a himself.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 7:56 pm
Ds rephrased a request from me in a more respectful way

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 6:52 am
Son's school and husband's school both have snow days today. Daughter's school doesn't but instead of screaming and crying about refusing to log in (she's virtual), she simply calmly asked me if it's ok if she takes the day off. We're all home doing nothing today. Smile Not too bad out there though.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 8:01 am
My son was ok going to svhool without lunch (school serves lunch) flexibility a plus!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 5:16 pm
Day 5: Dd saved food she didn't like from a school event and gave it to her sister.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 5:28 pm
Ds managed to get out the house for a run

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 5:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Day 5: Dd saved food she didn't like from a school event and gave it to her sister.

That’s so sweet! My 4 year old saved some of his cinnamon bun for my baby 🥰 I melted.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 5:31 pm
I overheard my anxious 4 year old with ASD say "Heilige bashefer, please watch me" as I was shutting his lights tonight. It was so sweet, especially after a difficult day with many meltdowns.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 8:07 pm
DC#1 got an odd number of stickers from the doctor today. When DC#2 came home from school, DC#1 wanted to share the stickers, not just one, but half the stash. Since it was an odd amount, one of them would get one more than the other. I thought they’d both argue for a greater share, but instead they each argued for the other one to get the greater half!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics