Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
LR furniture layout- room has 2 parts(?)

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 7:33 pm
We are moving to a new house iyh and I don't know how to set up living room furniture.

the LR is about 10 feet wide.
It's long, about 23 feet long, but the front door breaks the room awkwardly. there's abt 6 ft of wall length on one side of front door, and 14 on the other side.

Not quite across from the front door is doorway toward kitchen, and across from the 14 ft section is entry to diving room.

I have 3 matching couches, a 3-seater, 2-seater, and 1-seater, and I can put them all in the area of the room that's 14 feet long.

But what do I do with the other part of the LR?
I can put a seforim shrank there (don't currently have one side enough to totally cover long wall) but I will have so much dead space.

to summarize, if You have a LR with two "PARTS", how do u make it look normal?

Kumphort

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 8:04 pm
Can you make the smaller side into a different area? Maybe make this area more into a den? Put a small area rug or something to break up the room. Or put one of the couches across the 10 ft way to give it a separate area

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 2:01 am
Thank you!
Yes,I was planning on putting the long couch across the10ft width to break yo the room, but my husband thinks it's weird.
Anyone else has to walk around a couch to get to the sitting area in the living room? I've seen it, and Don't think it's weird. I think it makes a cozy seating space...

Thanks for the toy area suggestion!!! Actually, you're right that my kids will be playing in there, and if we do out the couches on one side of the room, there won't be room over there to play!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 2:05 am
Gonna start a spinoff about toy storage in lr
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics