Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Kappel
Previous  1  2

silverlining3

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 11:38 pm
I'm like net getting it.
You say he buys only size 4. So if the small one bothers you that much, next time he buys tell him to get a size bigger. I don't think it's more money.

But honestly, if he's okay and comfortable with it, why bother? I have no clue what size my husband wears TMI

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 11:46 pm
but he is upset so he likes only a small size

Blessing1

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 11:49 pm
102345 wrote:
but he is upset so he likes only a small size

If you have told him already that you don't like the small one but he's unwilling to change, just please let it go. It's his department. If you keep on pressuring him about it, he'll just get upset at you. Let it go.

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 11:52 pm
but for my three year old he only lets buy size 1

Blessing1

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 11:55 pm
102345 wrote:
but for my three year old he only lets buy size 1

Have you told your husband that you don't want your son to wear a small kappel? Have you tried on the 1? It might not be small on a 3 year old, depending on his head shape.
Does your son go to cheder? If his kappel is too small, the cheder will make you get a bigger one.

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:01 am
he goes to cheder and they are fine with it . but what size do youre childeren were?

Blessing1

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:07 am
102345 wrote:
he goes to cheder and they are fine with it . but what size do youre childeren were?

If the cheder and DH are fine with it, then it's ok. Every kid wears a size that's good for them, there's no size fits all.

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:10 am
I just wounder what size pepole get for a three year old?

Blessing1

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:17 am
102345 wrote:

You need to take him with you to the store to try it on and the salespeople will help you with sizing. Every company fits differently and it depends on the shape and size of the head.

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:20 am
witch compney is the super velvet washable with the size label by the edge?

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:22 am
witch compeny do you buy for youre childeren?

Blessing1

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:26 am
102345 wrote:
witch compeny do you buy for youre childeren?

They don't wear the washable kappel. Just go to the store and they'll help you find the right kappel.

watergirl

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 6:13 am
I have removed all posts that are bullying OP. Please stop. - posting as a mod.

moonstone

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 6:30 am
Is a kappel the same thing as a kippah?

Elfrida

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 8:49 am
moonstone wrote:

Yes. Maybe a Yiddish term? It's how I grew up referring to it. Since I've been in Israel I've got used to saying kippah.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 8:55 am
102345 wrote:

Every 3 year old has a different shape, build, size head/face
Just go to store with them and see which looks good and makes you both happy. The people who work there will be able to tell you which one seems appropriate

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 2:30 pm
moonstone wrote:

We used this name in England growing up.
We pronounced it the same way you'd say "couple".

Blessing1

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 2:38 pm
moonstone wrote:

Yes, it's the yiddish word for kippa/yarmulka.

zaq

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 5:03 pm
Either buy your dh a bigger size--Pesach is coming, a good excuse to get him a gift--or drop the issue. And if you do buy him one and he doesn't like it, chalk it up to rebbegelt and drop the issue. It's his kop and his keppel and if he's comfortable with what he's wearing, it's his business, not yours. Not even if you think he looks like a Kuni Lemel in something too small for his head. Would you like him to tell you your sheitel is too small or too big and looks stupid, you should buy a different size?

I didn't think so.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 5:05 pm
zaq wrote:
Either buy your dh a bigger size--Pesach is coming, a good excuse to get him a gift--or drop the issue. And if you do buy him one and he doesn't like it, chalk it up to rebbegelt and drop the issue. It's his kop and his keppel and if he's comfortable with what he's wearing, it's his business, not yours. Not even if you think he looks like a Kuni Lemel in something too small for his head. Would you like him to tell you your sheitel is too small or too big and looks stupid, you should buy a different size?

I didn't think so.

Omg, I haven’t thought about Kuni Lemel since my mom took me to those movies when I was a teenager in Teaneck!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics