Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Pfizer vaccine second dose reaction
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 2:00 pm
I'm due for the second dose this week IYH and a little nervous. So I wanted to hear from ppl who got the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine, if you had a reaction.
If so, are you pregnant? Older? Did you have a reaction after the first dose?

Please only first hand stories, I'm not interested in crazy stories about your sister in law's brother's friend...

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 2:03 pm
After first I had sore arm. 2nd I didn’t even have that. It was a big nothing. I’m 43. I had covid in March but don’t have antibodies any more

Elfrida

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 2:06 pm
After the first dose, I woke up the next day feeling as though someone had thumped me hard on the arm. It eased off during the course if the day.

I was prepared for the same or more after the second dose. Actually I had very little reaction; less than after the first dose. Every so often I got a twinge in the arm. Interestingly, that was over three weeks ago, and I still get the occasional twinge.

No other side effects to date. Over forty and (not surprisingly) not pregnant.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 2:10 pm
I got Pfizer x2 last week.

Some info:
I’m in my low 20s
I never had Covid before
I had zero reaction after x1
I had a low fever of 100 about 12 hours after x2, and it lasted for 12 hours. Midol took away all the symptoms. I worked the whole day, no problem.

My coworkers and I have been seeing an interesting pattern. The second time one is exposed to the spike protein is when they generally have some sort of reaction. If the second time they’re exposed is by the first dose, then that’s when they’d react (meaning they previously had Covid). If the second time they’re exposed is by the second dose, that’s when they’d react (never had Covid).

amother
Green

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 2:14 pm
I was tired (but I am always tired), my arm was sore and my joints (especially my fingers) a little stiff. I took 3 doses of Tylenol (one at night before bed, one the next morning, and one early afternoon. By the evening, I was fine.
I B”H never had covid. I am in my mid 40’s and (can I say B”H, b/c I am mid 40’s) not pregnant.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 2:17 pm
I had low grade temp and felt feverish the day after my second Pfizer vaccine. I had Covid in March and after first dose only had arm pain.

elsily

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 2:20 pm
No issues after second dose of Pfizer. Just sore arm.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 2:22 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:

We’ve been seeing an interesting pattern. The second time one is exposed to the spike protein is when they generally have some sort of reaction. If the second time they’re exposed is by the first dose, then that’s when they’d react (meaning they previously had Covid). If the second time they’re exposed is by the second dose, that’s when they’d react (never had Covid).

Interesting. What's that based on?

To the best of my knowledge I never had Corona, and antibody tests came back negative, yet I reacted more strongly to the first dose. I also know a boy who wad symptomatic and tested positive twice, five months apart, and all his antibody tests came back negative. He had a strong reaction to the first dose and an even stronger reaction to the second dose.

I'm not sure that its possible to generalize like that.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 2:25 pm
Elfrida wrote:
Interesting. What's that based on?

To the best of my knowledge I never had Corona, and antibody tests came back negative, yet I reacted more strongly to the first dose. I also know a boy who wad symptomatic and tested positive twice, five months apart, and all his antibody tests came back negative. He had a strong reaction to the first dose and an even stronger reaction to the second dose.

I'm not sure that its possible to generalize like that.

Anecdotes 🙃 Just something my coworkers and I have been noticing and discussing. We have a friend who’s a student dr, and he’s seen it, too.
It’s obviously not the case with everyone, but it’s cool when it happens, and it happens often.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 2:27 pm
There's nothing wrong with anecdotal evidence, but it's a good idea to make it clear that you are referring to that rather than a scientific study.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 2:27 pm
Anecdotes 🙃 Just something my coworkers and I have been noticing and discussing. We have a friend who’s a student dr, and he’s seen it, too.
It’s obviously not the case with everyone, but it’s cool when it happens, and it happens often.

My coworkers have had the same anecdotal experience.
But nobody’s reaction has been particularly significant.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 2:30 pm
Me and dh are in our early 50s. We both felt unwell after the second vaccine, but it took about 24 hours to start feeling unwell, and it lasted about a day. For my brother, it lasted a few days.

Bones ached, headache, that type of thing. I had chills and couldn't stop shaking for about an hour. But no fever.

My arm also hurt more after the second vaccine (it felt heavy) for a few days.

(ETA none of us felt unwell after the first vaccine)

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 2:37 pm
Elfrida wrote:
There's nothing wrong with anecdotal evidence, but it's a good idea to make it clear that you are referring to that rather than a scientific study.

Will do, thanks

icedcoffee

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 2:37 pm
I had the second dose of Pfizer and it was a breeze. I was nervous too, but a sore arm was the worst of it for me, and it went away after a day. I was also a bit tired but it's hard to say if it was from the vaccine or just the usual "Thursday night cooking for shabbat after a long week at work" fatigue, and either way it was also over by the next day. Good luck!

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 2:48 pm
Husband was fine. We're in early 20's
My father with multiple health issues was also fine. So was my mom and siblings.
My father in law who is healthy was sick in bed with fever and chills and totally out of it for a day or two. My mother in law just felt fever and achey for a day. Parents and in laws are late 40's.
Siblings in law and spouses were also fine. Mid 20's.

None of us ever had corona.

Amarante

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 3:16 pm
I got Pfizer x2 last week.

My coworkers and I have been seeing an interesting pattern. The second time one is exposed to the spike protein is when they generally have some sort of reaction. If the second time they’re exposed is by the first dose, then that’s when they’d react (meaning they previously had Covid). If the second time they’re exposed is by the second dose, that’s when they’d react (never had Covid).

I have read there is a preliminary study from Israel regarding reaction to first jab in those who were presumed to have had Covid based on antibodies. Too small to have any real significance but is going into the larger sphere of research.

Based on what I have read, it is more typical to have more of a reaction to second jab but not everyone has a strong reaction and even the strong reaction is pretty mild. At worst, people need to stay home because they have a fever or headache or are fatigued for about a day. But I don’t think anyone would not be vaccinated because of any side effects they have had since the alternative is possible death or horrible symptoms. 🤷‍♀️ The side effects mean one is acquiring immunity after all.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 3:18 pm
Amarante wrote:
. But I don’t think anyone would not be vaccinated because of any side effects they have had since the alternative is possible death or horrible symptoms.]🤷‍♀️ The side effects mean one is acquiring immunity after all.

Say it louder, for the people in the back

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 4:48 pm
I’m very early 50s and am a very sensitive person. I did not have any reaction except a sore arm as with the flu shot. I think people may be freaking each other out about second vaccine. I did not drink a lot of water but I hear that you should after the vaccine. So, I recommend drinking a lot of water since it can’t hurt to do so.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 5:05 pm
Amarante wrote:
I have read there is a preliminary study from Israel regarding reaction to first jab in those who were presumed to have had Covid based on antibodies. Too small to have any real significance but is going into the larger sphere of research.

Based on what I have read, it is more typical to have more of a reaction to second jab but not everyone has a strong reaction and even the strong reaction is pretty mild. At worst, people need to stay home because they have a fever or headache or are fatigued for about a day. But I don’t think anyone would not be vaccinated because of any side effects they have had since the alternative is possible death or horrible symptoms. 🤷‍♀️ The side effects mean one is acquiring immunity after all.

Here is the study
https://www.timesofisrael.com/.....fade/

The interesting part is that even those who’s antibodies faded had a strong immune reaction to the first dose, proving that the body remembered covid19.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 5:54 pm
Say it louder, for the people in the back

Those of us in the back are anxiously waiting for our pharmacy to get these and Moderna could be stocked at doctor's offices. My sister had to wait in her car for 4 hours at the Kentucky state fairgrounds with no bathroom for her shot.
It would be nice to see the doctor for a private appointment and be properly monitored for allergies.
My son in Israel got his first shot and he is obviously younger than me. Biden is buying 300 million doses so where are they?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics