Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Leaving baby at stranger to go on vacation
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

Is it ok to leave a baby at a babysitter to go on vacation
Yes  
 14%  [ 39 ]
No  
 85%  [ 233 ]
Total Votes : 272

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 4:17 pm
We would leave a 2-3 year old by family only who they know well, and only for 2-3 nights.

We took our then 6 month old away with us when we wanted a trip to Israel. We left our older ones by family.

Never to a stranger, and never when they're babies. Nursing or not!

Woman of Valor

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 5:31 pm
Your sil is a heartless mother and a mean sil. Hold your head high. You are the normal one. If she says you are too attached say, actually it is the other way around. My kids are attached to me, and that is how it is supposed to be. I guess that means I am a great mom!

Miri1

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 5:38 pm
Perhaps the sis in law and mom in law are feeling that they should really be offering to take the children, and therefore are pushing for OP to take a babysitter.
Because if OP doesn't agree to a babysitter the only other way is for her close family to take the kids... that would by mom in law and sis in law. (unless there are other close family members who are able).

Miri1

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 5:43 pm
Miri1 wrote:
Perhaps the sis in law and mom in law are feeling that they should really be offering to take the children, and therefore are pushing for OP to take a babysitter.
Because if OP doesn't agree to a babysitter the only other way is for her close family to take the kids... that would by mom in law and sis in law. (unless there are other close family members who are able).

This may explain their extreme pressuring of OP.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 5:47 pm
I think it's interesting that most of the people opposed are opposed because of the emotional risks.

I posted earlier that I wouldn't do it, but my top concern was about physical risks. I would be concerned about the emotional aspects also, but primarily about the physical risk of leaving a baby overnight in a random "yiddisha home" where the caregiver lives with her entire family, with who knows what additional strangers coming and going, where the caregiver knows that the child's parents will be 100% guaranteed to be physically absent for the full period, where there is no other oversight or transparency, where I have no idea what the home looks like inside, and where the caregiver will likely be shouldering all of her usual domestic and childcare tasks in addition to watching my child.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 7:13 pm
Miri1 wrote:

Sis n law lives in a different city, so her taking my kids is not an option. I wouldn't leave a baby by my MIL even if she offers. My sisters would glady take my baby if I ask. But I'm not asking because I don't go away when I have a baby. I go away once they start going to playgroup.
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics