Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
High School Subbing Material

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 7:52 pm
Hi all!

I will be starting subbing high school girls. I was wondering if anyone can share some ideas what I can teach them. I know that the best material is continuing with the teacher's curriculum but from experience, when you walk into a classroom for one day (not referring to long-term subbing) you need to present something reaaaaaaaallly interesting for the girls to listen to you.

Any ideas? Leads?

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 9:33 pm
I usually do current events. They like knowing what's going on. So at one point it was electoral college or the impeachment process or how the supreme court works etc..

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 9:53 pm
Anything psychology related like what you would do in college intro to psych

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 11:22 pm
English or limudei kodesh?
For the next week a nice explanation on megilla or one of the mitzvos of purim after purim anything related to pessach.
Or parashas hashavua! Even if they have another class on the subject not very likely that you'll say the exact same thing!!
Or have your students imagine how they would have dealt being in Esther's position...or the yidden coming out of mitzrayim( that's only if you want to have lots of lively class discussions!!)

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 12:17 am
I would look for something connected to the material or lesson plan that the teacher provides.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics