Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
ISO Woman for Remote Voice Lessons

KollelMommy

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 9:59 pm
Seeking a woman to give voice lessons remotely to my 12 year-old daughter, if you have any recommendations, with contact info. TIA!

Odelyah

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 10:30 pm
Yes!! I know an extremely gifted, highly experienced voice teacher. Her name is Shayna (Sharon) Miller. She is Julliard trained, she taught two of my daughters. She is absolutely an outstanding teacher. I will check if it's OK to post her phone number here for everyone's benefit, but in the meantime, I will PM you. Also, if you have facebook you could message her directly that way. Her account name is Sharon April Miller. Hatzlacha!

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 9:32 am
I am also looking for a voice teacher for my daughter. We live out of town and the are no frum voice teachers where we live, but I was skeptical about long-distance voice lessons. Do voice lessons work remotely? I would love recommendations for a frum voice teacher.

SomeoneNew

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 8:19 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I am also looking for a voice teacher for my daughter. We live out of town and the are no frum voice teachers where we live, but I was skeptical about long-distance voice lessons. Do voice lessons work remotely? I would love recommendations for a frum voice teacher.

My 16 year old started remote voice lessons last summer with Elena Tal (she is in Baltimore) and she is LOVING it. I'm also a music teacher (violin and piano) and was initially skeptical about online lessons but BH it really can work very well, especially in these times.

Here's Elena's contact info:
https://www.elenatal.net/contact

I don't know if she is currently taking new students, but I would 100% recommend her. She is phenomenal.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 8:30 pm
SomeoneNew wrote:
My 16 year old started remote voice lessons last summer with Elena Tal (she is in Baltimore) and she is LOVING it. I'm also a music teacher (violin and piano) and was initially skeptical about online lessons but BH it really can work very well, especially in these times.

Here's Elena's contact info:
https://www.elenatal.net/contact

I don't know if she is currently taking new students, but I would 100% recommend her. She is phenomenal.

Thank you so much for your reply and for the info! I don't know anything about voice, but I have discerned that different teachers have different styles. The style that we are interested in is like Malky Ginger, Bracha Jaffe, etc. Not opera. What style does Elena teach? And do you see the lessons really making a difference to your daughter's voice?

KollelMommy

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 1:25 am
Great! Thank you so much for the info!

Odelyah

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 9:07 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Thank you so much for your reply and for the info! I don't know anything about voice, but I have discerned that different teachers have different styles. The style that we are interested in is like Malky Ginger, Bracha Jaffe, etc. Not opera. What style does Elena teach? And do you see the lessons really making a difference to your daughter's voice?

Shayna Miller, the teacher I recommended to the OP, is outstanding--she is classically trained, but does not teach "opera". She is an extremely gifted and versatile teacher who will give a real foundation of vocal training, using songs your daughter likes (my daughter is practicing a Bracha Jaffe song with her right now). After a student gets a solid foundation they can develop their own personal style.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts