Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
14 yr old daughter stuck in Orlando due to COVID
  Previous  1  2  3  15  16  17

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 9:28 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
What in the world is wrong or irresponsible with sending a girl along with a friends family???? I'd send along a kid from age 8 no problem. What's the big deal of a family taking along another kid? The kid isn't alone.

If it weren't Covid, sure. But during Covid I wouldn't take on this kind of responsibility for someone else's child. A day trip would be one thing. ETA: I don't think that people who would accept that responsibility are reckless. It is risky but not reckless.
I don't want to bash OP. She's asking for advice and help, and I hope she got it. But I did want to answer your question.

Last edited by PinkFridge on Thu, Jan 28 2021, 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 9:28 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
I'm sorry this thread is beyond. I don't have a 14 year old child yet, but I have a 14 year old sister. I understand other children can be more mature than her, but how in the world can you send a 14 yr old alone, even with a friend to Florida? That alone is insane to me.

Then the parents who are responsible for her have decided to just leave her there? I mean the behavior up until this point is so irresponsible why would you imagine they wouldn't just put her on the plane with a mask. Even if they are so stupid not do not that, then please send your husband, yourself, your cousin, someone else in Florida and just have them bring your child home.

I really hope this was not real and was just posted to scare other people.

INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's much more wrong when you CAN'T send a 14 y old with adult friends. She isn't a baby or a toddler. You wouldn't do it? Great, don't. But don't say it's insane cause it's absolutely fine.
The family she was with in Florida haven't decided "to leave her there". They were scheduled to return the next day. We have no idea what idea what ended up happening because the OP haven't updated us (possibly because of posters like you).

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 9:37 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
In general there is certainly nothing wrong with sending a 14 year old girl with family friends to FL.
If you are not comfortable doing so then don't . But it is hardly considered "insane".

During regular times, it's fine. But during a pandemic it is not. There is nothing wrong with pointing that out, not to pile on to op, but so others can hopefully learn to make different such choices with their own children during a pandemic. (Both op and the hosting family. It was just as unwise of the hosting family to assume responsibility for someone outside their household at this time.)

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 9:37 am
PinkFridge wrote:
If it weren't Covid, sure. But during Covid I wouldn't take on this kind of responsibility for someone else's child. A day trip would be one thing. ETA: I don't think that people who would accept that responsibility are reckless. It is risky but not reckless.
I don't want to bash OP. She's asking for advice and help, and I hope she got it. But I did want to answer your question.

The poster said it's irresponsible and insane to send a 14 year old to Florida with friends. Nothing to do with covid. She thinks ever sending along a 14 year old is irresponsible, which it isn't. It's perfectly ok to send along kids with a family, they're not alone.

essie14

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 11:03 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
I just don't get this concept. Two wrongs never make a right. Just because someone else is being careless with other people's health, doesn't make it right for anyone else to do just that.

I did not say that at all.
I wrote that to warn the person I had quoted that her mother will almost certainly come into contact with someone who has covid or is passing covid germs.
I 100% do not think OP should put her daughter who is supposed to be quarantined on a plane.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 10:00 am
Any updates OP? I hope DD and the rest of the family are doing better by now. Just wondering how you managed to get her safely home.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 10:10 am
I don’t know the details, but OP went to Florida & brought her back. Both girls are back in school, b”H.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 11:29 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I don’t know the details, but OP went to Florida & brought her back. Both girls are back in school, b”H.

BH, I hope it's all over with no repercussions.
Page 17 of 17   Previous  1  2  3  15  16  17 Recent Topics