Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What's so great about Betty Crocker Pizza makers for travel?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 3:20 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
For Pesach you can also use it for many things. Chicken, matza pizza, vegetable, potatoes, cheese latkes, potato latkes, scrambled eggs. It's different than a crok pot, different uses.

I have seen it being used for shashuka and pasta and other things but I dont believe that you can leave it on for the 3 days of yom tov so a crock pot is better for that. And if you are out all day for Chol Hamoed then its nice to come home to ready cooked dinner which you can put up in the crockpot in the morning before you leave.
You can cook almost anything in the crockpot as well including stews, soups, cake and kugel/Yapzik, etc so depending on what you do eat on Pesach and how much cooking you want to do a crock pot would be more useful but to each their own. I guess you can take both as that would enable you to cook the most amount of food with only two appliances.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 3:39 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
I have seen it being used for shashuka and pasta and other things but I dont believe that you can leave it on for the 3 days of yom tov so a crock pot is better for that. And if you are out all day for Chol Hamoed then its nice to come home to ready cooked dinner which you can put up in the crockpot in the morning before you leave.
You can cook almost anything in the crockpot as well including stews, soups, cake and kugel/Yapzik, etc so depending on what you do eat on Pesach and how much cooking you want to do a crock pot would be more useful but to each their own. I guess you can take both as that would enable you to cook the most amount of food with only two appliances.

Oh no, you can't leave it on for 3 days. I don't think you can leave it on for too long. I thought she's asking about chol hamoed.
A crock pot is also a good idea for chol hamoed because you come home to a cooked meal but many hotels don't allow crock pot in the room.

DrMom

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 12:32 pm
Hi all. I really appreciate all the helpful responses. Thank you! Smile

Just to clarify: I am planning on traveling during chol hamoed only, so no need to leave it on for an extensive period. I was looking for something that we can use to prepare light (probably dairy? I don‘t want to start messing with meat in place with no real kitchen...) meals in a lodging with no kitchen facilities except for a fridge and microwave.

The other possibility is to just find a different place that does have a stovetop and take a few cheap Pesach pots and pans with us. But I thought that this option may be problematic if the place wasn't kashered for Pesach.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 6:51 pm
DrMom wrote:
Hi all. I really appreciate all the helpful responses. Thank you! Smile

Just to clarify: I am planning on traveling during chol hamoed only, so no need to leave it on for an extensive period. I was looking for something that we can use to prepare light (probably dairy? I don‘t want to start messing with meat in place with no real kitchen...) meals in a lodging with no kitchen facilities except for a fridge and microwave.

The other possibility is to just find a different place that does have a stovetop and take a few cheap Pesach pots and pans with us. But I thought that this option may be problematic if the place wasn't kashered for Pesach.

Make scrambled eggs, omelets, frittata, fish, hash browns, cheese pancakes, potato latkes, matza pizza, eggplant, sautéed vegetables... think of it as an electric griddle with a cover for even cooking.

lk1234

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 7:30 pm
I have a bunch of microwave popcorn but no microwave. Can I open the package and make popcorn in betty crocker?

lk1234

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 5:29 pm
Anyone tried out making popcorn in the betty crocker. Desperate to get rid of some of my microwave popcorn.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 5:42 pm
lk1234 wrote:
Anyone tried out making popcorn in the betty crocker. Desperate to get rid of some of my microwave popcorn.

Yes it worked my son and his friends experimented it during the summer

lk1234

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 5:51 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
Yes it worked my son and his friends experimented it during the summer

Thanks!!! Did they just pour it in?

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 6:26 pm
lk1234 wrote:
Thanks!!! Did they just pour it in?

Put in with oil and salt and close cover

chesed123

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 4:56 am
DrMom wrote:
Hi -

Someone just offered me a brand new (Israeli equivalent of a) Betty Crocker pizza maker. I've heard about it here on these boards, and thought I'd ask for your opinions.

Normally, I don't like too many kitchen gadgets, but I thought this may come in handy when travelling. Usually, we stay in airbnbs with kitchens and we just bring our own pots and pans, but for Pesach, for example, we may have to stay someplace with very minimal coking facilities (microwave and hot water heater), and I was thinking that a device like this may come in handy.

Is it useful? Or a waste of storage space?

I'd love to hear your opinions.

I am posting this under travel and not under cooking because I think vacation is when I am most likely to use this gadget.

TIA!

What was the Israeli equivalent pizza maker called? I would like to give that info to my daughter so she can buy one there. Thanks

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 7:16 am
What is the Israeli equivalent of Betty Crocker???
We just bought a 700 shekel converter to be able to use an American Betty crocker cuz it's so convenient......

EishesYo

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 5:50 am
Looking for recipes!!
Please share your Betty recipes

For all those who asked-
the Isreali Version
https://www.pankoquickpan.com/

chanchy123

Post Thu, Apr 07 2022, 1:12 pm
Has anyone ever set off a fire alarm while cooking in a hotel room?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Apr 07 2022, 1:51 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Can you tell me what you put on the grilled chicken and how long it took to cook? Also, was it hard to clean the grill?

I never answered this - my go-to for grilled chicken is to pour on some oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix up and grill. A couple of minutes, no need to flip in the foreman.

It's pretty easy to clean, I took along a thing of wipes (I like 7th generation or method wipes) and used that and paper towels to wipe the grill plates clean.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Apr 07 2022, 1:52 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
Has anyone ever set off a fire alarm while cooking in a hotel room?

I usually look for an outdoor seating area at the hotel/inn. There's usually an outdoor outlet to use to plug in my grill and do my cooking.

chanchy123

Post Thu, Apr 07 2022, 1:59 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I usually look for an outdoor seating area at the hotel/inn. There's usually an outdoor outlet to use to plug in my grill and do my cooking.

What if I’m in a city and there is no outdoor seating 😬😬. Should I err on the side of caution and just not cook in a hotel room that doesn’t have the facilities?

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Apr 07 2022, 2:07 pm
Does the Betty Crocker need toveling?
And if so, how does that work?

chanchy123

Post Thu, Apr 07 2022, 2:10 pm
Follow up question - could you use an electric burner instead?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Apr 07 2022, 2:13 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
What if I’m in a city and there is no outdoor seating 😬😬. Should I err on the side of caution and just not cook in a hotel room that doesn’t have the facilities?

I would be careful, especially with a grill type thing (I've used an electric skillet inside our hotel room, but wouldn't use the foreman grill.) If a fire alarm would be set off, and an automatic sprinkler system activated, I think you'd be liable for damages....

The skillet doesn't smoke the way the grill does....

chanchy123

Post Thu, Apr 07 2022, 2:49 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I would be careful, especially with a grill type thing (I've used an electric skillet inside our hotel room, but wouldn't use the foreman grill.) If a fire alarm would be set off, and an automatic sprinkler system activated, I think you'd be liable for damages....

The skillet doesn't smoke the way the grill does....

How about an electric burner?
I read somewhere that it’s suggested to cook in the bathroom with the vent on.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics