Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Pesach clothes

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 6:44 pm
I knos this is 100% #firstworldproblems. Are people in New York buying winter or spring clothes for Pesach for your kids?

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 6:52 pm
Each year, for RH/sukkos and for pesach, I have this issue. It is never the right weather for new seasons stuff. I always buy for the upcoming season but my kids (and me) always end up wearing clothes from last season (so summer stuff for RH and sukkos, and winter stuff for pesach). Sometimes we sneak in a new outfit...

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 7:03 pm
Realistically speaking, the weather will still be cold.
But everyone will anyway wear their brand new pastel colored summer clothes 😀😀

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 7:05 pm
I always buy summer. My kids winter clothing is usually outgrown by then and it feels special to wear new things. I add shells and sweaters if needed. My older girls cover their elbows so their stuff is usually fine to wear anyway.

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 7:16 pm
For pesach I usually buy a long sleeve light color sweater.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 7:36 pm
My kids wear their winter clothing for pesach and new summer clothing on shevuous. The stores are only selling shorts now and pesach will likely still be cold.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 7:49 pm
Lucky me, my kid won't fit into her winter clothes by pesach (I'm davening they last 2 weeks until the new order comes in), so I ordered fresh long sleeve lightweight stuff. She'll wear it pesach till it gets warm, and then I'll put it away till Rosh hashana to get her through the fall.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 7:54 pm
I buy spring/summer. But have few sweaters for them to wear over the clothes. Yes they’ll prob b wearing the velvet stuff too. Enough days of yt for all seasons haha!!

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 7:57 pm
Typically I shop the 70% off winter clothing if my kids outgrow at the end of the season. I buy summer clothing now bec we have first pics. My older girls decide on their own. Babies wear winter. Pesach will be cold. By shavous they will wear it.

wiki

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 1:37 pm
My kid will be wearing the new dresses I just bought at 70 percent off from winter clearance. And maybe also one new spring outfit that will be far too cold for the weather.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 1:41 pm
Links please links?
For girls age 11 and 6 and 2.

wiki

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 1:42 pm
If the frum brands were smart, they would make 4 seasons of clothing a year instead of 2.

It's a centuries-old habit in Jewish culture to buy new Shabbos clothes just twice a year, lightweight for Pesach and heavyweight for Tishrei chagim. People are in this habit and it works.

But if the stores made Rosh Hashana-appropriate clothing in September, the shoppers would be even happier! And then the stores could pull out the fur and velvet a month or two later, and everyone would come out again to buy new things for Chanukah. Shoppers would be happy to have full pants and long sleeves (but lighter than fur and velvet and in springier colors) to buy new for Pesach and actually wear, and then when the air conditioners turn on in June they would return to the stores again for lightest-possible-weight nice clothes for Shavuos.

If the stores did this, the shoppers' patterns would follow. People would probably spend more in the end. And they'd be happier about wearing seasonally-appropriate new outfits each yom tov.

I really don't understand why this never just happened.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 1:45 pm
We try to do in between kind of stuff that they end up wearing pesach and spring and then RH - Succos. Darker colors, lighter fabrics. I don't buy expensive stuff so I don't care that it doesn't get worn that much.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 1:53 pm
The kids wear winter clothes most of the time. I don't buy new winter at this time of year.
We buy summer clothes to be ready. They do like to wear their new summer robes on Pesach. Even if it looks silly (depending if we buy a light color), I don't argue with that. I don't want them to wear summer clothes in winter/fall weather though.

yksraya

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 2:29 pm
They wear both, the winter stuff and the new stuff I get them. But only long sleeved stuff.

The short sleeve/shorts they wear shavous.

I usually shop some stuff before pesach, and the rest after.

I also usually play it by ear. If a kid outgrew, he will need it already by pesach, if stuff still fits great, it can wait.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 4:07 pm
It’s going to be freezing cold. I bought some long sleeve button downs in light colors and sweaters on sale to freshen up a very tired wardrobe in honor of yt.

dankbar

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 4:21 pm
My daughter has some stuff from the winter that can still be worn in spring that are not fur, velvet, or suede, like scuba, cardigans, thin wools. I also have lined up the light colored cottons, so depending on weather she can either wear with cape or save for shavuos/summer.
My toddler has long sleeved knit set for pesach. Also short wool overalls that can be worn with tight or socks. Bloomers can be worn with tights/ socks & shells when cold & without when warm.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics