Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Where can I find affordable shoes - Boro park

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 6:05 am
Can be completely different places but I’m looking for affordable and good quality.

How much do women’s shoes cost?
The ones I buy in the cheap place on 13th (fabco) are always wearing out too quickly or the heel comes off.
I’d like to try somewhere else that won’t break the bank. I remember s&w clothing store on 13th had a shoe area in the back but I haven’t stepped foot in there in more than 3 years. I got a pair and wore them for about a year or so then gifted them to my mother.
Do they still have shoes for sale?

Thanks!

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 7:00 am
Buy online. Any In person stores in BP are going to be expensive

gande

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 7:03 am
Any quality shoe even online is not gonna be cheap. I follow kollelbudget for sales. Try nordstrom rack.

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 7:09 am
My husband said it’s okay. I can go in on one those places.
He says its better to spend on shoes that will last years and not 3-6 months

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 7:11 am
A shoe for a baby is not going to last that long by default. This is not the age to spend so much on shoes. The BP stores want your money so they sell you a fable.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 7:15 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
My husband said it’s okay. I can go in on one those places.
He says its better to spend on shoes that will last years and not 3-6 months

Yes. A good shoe lasts a long time and makes a big difference.

Shoe Palace
Per Se

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 7:18 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
A shoe for a baby is not going to last that long by default. This is not the age to spend so much on shoes. The BP stores want your money so they sell you a fable.

OP didn't say baby shoes, I assume she means adult shoes.
Boro Park stores will not get you as great prices as online, but you can try on locally before you buy. None of the Jewish stores will be Fabco prices though, you can't compare leather with plastic.

chili-n-cholent

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 7:26 am
Perse makes many of her own shoes and I’ve found them to be very good quality but I’ve never worn a shoe for a few years as I guess I’m very hard on my feet. If your light on your feet then good for you you definitely save a lot of money!

flowerpower

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 7:42 am
There’s a new shoe store on 16/51. I think they’re shoes are decent prices

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 8:13 am
You can get really nice, durable, designer shoes form macys. And with the coupons they offer you could get some of them for $30.

meiravit

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 8:19 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Boro Park stores will not get you as great prices as online, but you can try on locally before you buy.

Pretty sure this is not allowed halachically.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 8:43 am
meiravit wrote:
Pretty sure this is not allowed halachically.

I didn't say to go try local and then buy the same thing online, I'd never do that. I was saying the pros of shopping locally is that you can see the item and try it on before purchasing. I would never just take advantage of a brick and mortar shop in that way, that just feels wrong.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 9:16 am
I would find a good quality brand that works for your feet and buy online. I like Cole Haan and the shoes wear well in my experience. They’re not cheap but also not as expensive as Per Se, Shoe Palace etc, especially if you buy on sale.

motherhood613

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 9:47 am
Try Sam Edelman (in my opinion, the loafers specifically. Better support than their flats as well as just my personal taste Smile ) The loafers are always going on sale. They're very classy and in style right now (not that you need to follow trends) and come in a variety of colors. You can also look at Buckles Footwear https://www.bucklesfootwear.com . They often have shoes on sale as well.

I suggest getting online. If you keep your eye out you can get them for around $50 depending on color.

-Metziahs https://www.metziahs.com
-Saks Off Fifth
-Nordstrom Rack (also in person they occasionally have)

These are good quality shoes and should last a while. If you want to make them last even longer, I suggest getting taps put on the bottom of the shoe (local shoemaker will explain what it is, they shouldn't cost more than $15 and can increase the lifespan of your shoes by years!) Store them nicely in the box, be relatively careful where you walk when wearing them (ie no rain or snow if you can help it), and use shoe shapers. If you get scratches on them use a Mr Clean Magic Eraser.

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 12:46 pm
Nice thanks! I got shoes for myself at shoe palace. Most expensive pair I brought in my life! But worth it I guess. They’re a tad bit uncomfortable I guess I just have to break into them

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 1:27 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:

I literally pass baby shoes on from child to child. Not shoes they wear when they are two (except for boots), but baby shoes. I just put my 8 year old daughter's shoe on my 1.5 year old.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 1:28 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Nice thanks! I got shoes for myself at shoe palace. Most expensive pair I brought in my life! But worth it I guess. They’re a tad bit uncomfortable I guess I just have to break into them

Put taps on your shoes!
I have the same boots for 14 years now, so they were worth the money!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics