Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Extra virgin olive oil for hamantashen?

Eemaof3

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 8:34 am
I have heard of olive oil cakes and see they often get rave reviews. I wanted to try it for hamantashen and found a recipe with extra virgin olive oil and just made the dough. I tasted raw hamantashen dough and it was awful! The oil is the only flavor despite lemon in the mix. Could my olive oil be bad? Will the flavor bake out? Right now I do not even want to form the hamatashen and waste the filling or my time. Any thoughts?

zaq

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 12:58 pm
If the oil is rancid the baked goods will taste rancid. It's better to use regular or light OO, not EVOO, because EVOO has a strong olive flavor that many people dislike.

But please send the recipe! I use whatever oil I have in baked goods, but when I use oil in my hamantashen recipe, the dough doesn't hold together well.

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 12:59 pm
I don't think hamantashen with extra virgin olive oil will taste good. sorry, maybe you can figure out something to do with the dough so it doesn't go to waste! Hatzlocha
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins