Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bullying - How much can we expect of the principal?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 7:06 pm
There’s a boy in my children’s school (lower-mid elementary) who bullies, mostly physically. Sometimes to the point of leaving bruises. He isn’t physically large, which helps, but nonetheless manages to inflict harm. We, and others, have spoken up. The children tell the principal when it happens (which is multiple times a day). I know the principal has taken some steps but it’s still ongoing.

I don’t want to cause that child pain. I know he doesn’t have it easy at home (seemingly functioning parents, but from what I’ve perceived, not much parental involvement with him at home, they’re mostly at work etc). I also don’t want to sound too critical, because the bully could’ve easily been my child. I don’t want to fault the parents. And I don’t want to do anything that will cause his parents to make his life more difficult. At the same time, my children, who generally love school, are starting to resent school. It’s a daily topic here.

What can I realistically expect from the principal? Or is it just a fact my children will have to live with?

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 7:27 pm
The kid might have behavioral issues if the bullying is physical.
Yes this is the principle responsibility to resolve.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 7:45 pm
I would be livid. If the child’s school placement isn’t working then they need to get him the behavioral supports he needs. Don’t leave other students to get bruised up while you “work on it”.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 7:49 pm
He obviously has behavioral issues. Children don’t just bully for no reason. Officially he’s already getting therapy and/or medication.
What else can we demand?

oneofakind

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 7:59 pm
If it's happening on the bus, he cannot ride the bus. If he's a danger to other children, the parents have to hire a shadow.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics