Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Covid vaccine - Are people aware? pregnancy and nursing
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 6:41 pm
REG 174 INFORMATION FOR UK HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS

Pregnancy
There are no or limited amount of data from the use of COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2. Animal reproductive toxicity studies have not been completed. COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 is not recommended during pregnancy.
For women of childbearing age, pregnancy should be excluded before vaccination. In addition, women of childbearing age should be advised to avoid pregnancy for at least 2 months after their second dose.

Breast-feeding
It is unknown whether COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 is excreted in human milk. A risk to the newborns/infants cannot be excluded. COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 should not be used during breast-feeding.

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 6:45 pm
Source? Where’s this copied from?

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 6:46 pm
It confounds me but I'm pretty sure people just don't care.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 6:50 pm
Yep, in the beginning they told women to NOT get pregnant for several months after vax. Then suddenly for no particular reason at all they started injecting pregnant woman at all stages of pregnancy. This is crazy. Nobody knows what will be in 3 months, 6 months, a year, 5 years. May Hashem protect everyone.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 6:51 pm
There's no data on those groups because they don't test on those groups. That doesn't mean there are necessarily adverse effects. There's just no data.

youngishbear

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 6:52 pm
I think the recommendation changed after the new variants affected pregnant women so badly. Please remember that negative pregnancy outcomes from the vaccine is still speculation at this point, while negative outcomes from Covid is all too often unfortunately a proven fact.

Everyone should consult doctors familiar with their particular situation.

Last edited by youngishbear on Wed, Feb 17 2021, 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 6:52 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
There's no data on those groups because they don't test on those groups. That doesn't mean there are necessarily adverse effects. There's just no data.

Absolutely true.

It also doesn't mean it is safe and to assume so, in the absence of testing, is rather foolish.

challahchallah

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 6:53 pm
There is very limited data on giving the Covid vaccine to pregnant women (though nothing alarming has come up so far), but there are very real, known risks of contracting Covid while pregnant. It is a judgement call to decide which risk is bigger, getting the vaccine or leaving yourself vulnerable to Covid. Neither answer is inherently safer or more cautious, so you will see different organizations coming out with different recommendations until we get a clearer idea of the risk profile of the vaccine. Every pregnant woman should talk to her own healthcare provider to figure out what’s right for her individual circumstances.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 6:53 pm
UK is dispensing Astra Zeneca not the Pfizer or Moderna that is In the US

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 7:03 pm
Yes, we all know this.
We also know that Covid has shown to cause major pregnancy complications, and pregnancy has shown to cause major Covid complications.
There’s not enough data on the effects of the vaccine on pregnant women, but the alternative is probably worse.
If you REALLY want to be safe, just don’t get pregnant until a couple months after you get your vaccine.
If you really don’t care either way, then just do what you want.
Which is exactly what’s been going on this entire time.
So no news here, my dear OP.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 7:06 pm
As someone posted above the risk of no vaccine (ie getting covid) right now is by far greater than the risk of the vaccine since there is no known obvious risk.

Could there possibly be maybe in the future? Maybe but all the medical articles so far say those risks are low.

What I know is that my friend had a stillborn a week after she got covid.
Someone else I know had a late term miscarriage and the fetus tested positive for covid.
I know several pregnant ladies who ended up in hospital with covid.
In Israel my cousin works in the icu ward she said half of her ICU was pregnant women.

My dr told me to run to take the vaccine. She said the American board of Gyn and many medical authorities are recommending pregnant women to get the vaccine because the risks of not taking it are far greater than the risks of taking it. The newer variants hve affected younger previously healthy people much worse and especially pregnant women.

I don’t know what’s happening in the UK but I do know that looking at all that and the medical research (yes I read the papers not the news articles), the vaccine is by far the safer option. To each their own I’m not forcing anyone to take it but sharing random unidentified pieces of information does nothing but create fear over something that isn’t proven true.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 7:11 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
As someone posted above the risk of no vaccine (ie getting covid) right now is by far greater than the risk of the vaccine since there is no known obvious risk.

Could there possibly be maybe in the future? Maybe but all the medical articles so far say those risks are low.

What I know is that my friend had a stillborn a week after she got covid.
Someone else I know had a late term miscarriage and the fetus tested positive for covid.
I know several pregnant ladies who ended up in hospital with covid.

In Israel my cousin works in the icu ward she said half of her ICU was pregnant women.

My dr told me to run to take the vaccine. She said the American board of Gyn and many medical authorities are recommending pregnant women to get the vaccine because the risks of not taking it are far greater than the risks of taking it. The newer variants hve affected younger previously healthy people much worse and especially pregnant women.

I don’t know what’s happening in the UK but I do know that looking at all that and the medical research (yes I read the papers not the news articles), the vaccine is by far the safer option. To each their own I’m not forcing anyone to take it but sharing random unidentified pieces of information does nothing but create fear over something that isn’t proven true.

I’ve seen all of this, plus worse, at work. We’ve been giving the vaccine to pregnant women, but it’s definitely nerve wracking because of the lack of data. I just hope we don’t have vaccine related disasters.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 7:52 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I’ve seen all of this, plus worse, at work. We’ve been giving the vaccine to pregnant women, but it’s definitely nerve wracking because of the lack of data. I just hope we don’t have vaccine related disasters.

100% I am praying that I am ok. I know there’s a risk I am comforted that the risk is relatively small.
I take the same risk with my medication I have to take during my pregnancy.

I am doing my hishtadlus and I pray every day my pregnancy and child are healthy. In today’s world nothing can be taken for granted.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 8:04 pm
The only place I have ever seen the claim that the new variant affects pregnant women worse, is imamother and other frum websites. I would love to see a real source for this.

The new strains are thought to be more contagious, but not more virulent. In general, viruses mutate to become less deadly because that is evolution and how viruses ensure their own survival.

A virus mutating so as to become MORE deadly would be an unexpected aberration.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 8:07 pm
youngishbear wrote:
I think the recommendation changed after the new variants affected pregnant women so badly. Please remember that negative pregnancy outcomes from the vaccine is still speculation at this point, while negative outcomes from Covid is all too often unfortunately a proven fact.

Everyone should consult doctors familiar with their particular situation.

It's not speculation at all. There are reports of women who lost healthy pregnancies after getting the vaccines.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 8:10 pm
They are hiding any negative data about the vaccine.
Only high praises about how it will save our universe is available.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 8:13 pm
I am 25 weeks and and just got my first dose of the vaccine last night as per recommendation of my OB... I asked my friends to ask their OBs and they all said to get it... I was following medical advice 🤷🏻‍♀️

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 8:40 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
The only place I have ever seen the claim that the new variant affects pregnant women worse, is imamother and other frum websites. I would love to see a real source for this.

The new strains are thought to be more contagious, but not more virulent. In general, viruses mutate to become less deadly because that is evolution and how viruses ensure their own survival.

A virus mutating so as to become MORE deadly would be an unexpected aberration.

The latest is that the new UK strain IS more deadly.
Also this
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 9:25 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
I am 25 weeks and and just got my first dose of the vaccine last night as per recommendation of my OB... I asked my friends to ask their OBs and they all said to get it... I was following medical advice 🤷🏻‍♀️

How on earth are you taking medical advice from doctors who 1) are unaware of safety studies, bc they don't exist 2) are not liable if anything happens 3) aren't even your own doctor.. Are your friends doctors??

As I keep saying. It's not 9 months old yet. It hasn't gone thru one entire pregnancy and delivery. No one on earth can promise you there is no side effect or damage. (conversely, there are multiple reports of miscarriage and stillborn, first hand on social media which is the only place you'll see them)

Please don't take the second shot.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 9:41 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
How on earth are you taking medical advice from doctors who 1) are unaware of safety studies, bc they don't exist 2) are not liable if anything happens 3) aren't even your own doctor.. Are your friends doctors??

As I keep saying. It's not 9 months old yet. It hasn't gone thru one entire pregnancy and delivery. No one on earth can promise you there is no side effect or damage. (conversely, there are multiple reports of miscarriage and stillborn, first hand on social media which is the only place you'll see them)

Please don't take the second shot.

To answer your 3rd question I asked my own doctor first and asked my friends to ask their doctors because I wanted to hear the opinion of more than one OB. The opinion I have been hearing from the medical professionals that I have consulted with is that contracting the virus is way more risky for pregnant women now than it was when covid first started and it’s better to get the vaccine than to get covid. According to my OB, the vaccine is not a live virus and is not less safe for me or my baby than anyone else
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics