Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Pesach financial help

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 6:04 am
Why is all the help out there only for Rebbim???? I live in Boro Park. All the programs I know of are for Rebbim and their families. They get the food cases. and all the subsidized coupons to local stores- shoe store. Hardware stores... And all the discounts for kollel and rebbim. My husband works but makes enough just to cover the basics. He doesn't get any huge tips Purim time like the rebbim. Rebbim get paid pretty well and have tons of perks.
But why is all the help out there for just Rebbim??? Why are they considered more worthy then any othef family.

dankbar

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 6:12 am
Plain people can also get them before Pesach. Every shul distributes these coupons for people who needs them, you just have to ask.
The councils in community distribute free cases funded by the govt for the people who need.

imasinger

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 6:40 am
Sending you a bracha that you are able to make Pesach with enough resources, and with joy.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 7:19 am
Our school gives out shoe vouchers and food and there is a pesach campaign to help with other expenses ( for student families)

Do you have a local cojo- they help with food

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 8:36 am
imasinger wrote:
Sending you a bracha that you are able to make Pesach with enough resources, and with joy.

Amen! Thank you

bobeli

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 9:05 am
If you live in Brooklyn there are many many organizations and private powerhouses that help this time of the year. If you want to pm me I can give you more information.

To answer your question:
Rebbeim are generally underpaid for what they do, some have decades of experience and work very hard (I just saw this first hand during remote school).
By making all this programs the community and school give an incentive for people to be rebbeim so there will be someone to teach the kids.

I’m not saying I agree with all the programs and fundraising around it, but I think this is the reason and sometimes things get out of hand or context
I like the idea of a Yeshivah making sure the staff has everything they need, but I don’t think fundraising to buy private health insurance from people that have child health plus is ok.
Each person can decide where to give his tzedaka.
May Hashem provide for everyone with abundance and bring mashiach speedily
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics