Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Can hardly find anything that looks normal- hard to fit body
Previous  1  2

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 4:40 pm
Open long tunic length cardigans with a straight skirt so that it covers the thigh area, and then if your waist itself is narrow, belt the top under the cardigan. Chunky necklace or scarf by the neck. Darker colors on bottom and lighter on top. This will all draw attention to your upper half.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 4:54 pm
I wear lots of beautiful trendy knee length cardigans (not ones that stick to the behind) . Open. With a modal shell, knit pull on pencil skirt and a wide belt to accent my waist (the wide belt helps because even though my waist goes in, my stomach doesn't go in anymore). I like to hide the thighs and behind. You can look great it just takes some trial and error.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 4:55 pm
I see Hashem_Yaazor wrote the same.

QUEENY

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 5:14 pm
I too am pear shape and find it very frustrating to buy clothes. Although I like a fitted top and Aline skirt..I have a long torso and need longer sweaters to reach a certain part of my body to look proportion. I rather wear hi-low tops. Also my aline skirt has to have a certain amount of flair and length in order to look good so I am so limited in clothes I can wear. I love dresses but certain materials flow better when its fitted at the top and flairs on the bottom.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 7:30 pm
This is my shape as well except I have looked like this since middle school. In high school I used to look around at all of the other girls and try to find just ONE girl who had the same body shape that I did and I could not find a single one.

It is SO frustrating and hard to find clothing.

Before having kids at least my stomach was very thin but after having kids now I'm just extra fat on the lower part of me AND I have a stomach that sticks out like I'm permanently pregnant (my dr. told me I do not have diastasis recti. I guess I am just very out of shape). So my go-to used to be A-line dresses and skirts with fitted tops but I can't do that anymore.

I wear baggy shirts and A-line skirts and I look like a total mess and I wear the same outfit every shabbos which I've gotten away with during COVID but soon I'm going to have to buy some more clothes and I have no idea what I'm going to do!

I don't have money to get things made for me. I don't see how anything could be made for me that would even look ok.

LOL sorry OP I barged in on your thread with my vent. But I totally understand. And it's nice to know that there are other people out there with the same body shape as me. Well I mean I guess nice isn't the right word. I feel for you too. Sorry I should probably be more positive....

Imax5

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 4:51 am
Eshakti.com
They customize to your measurements for like $10 extra per item and accept returns if you don’t like it. Give it a try.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 8:33 am
Temporary solution: Do you have a Nordstrom's or other fairly high end store near you? Get a personal shopper to direct you to clothing that is more flattering. An extra set of eyes can really help, and she can save you time so you're not weeding through things that won't work. She'll pull all the appropriate clothing in advance of your appointments.

More permanent solution: Your weight gain areas could greatly benefit from liposuction. A friend of mine had it done after her third child, and the results were stunning. She had a pretty quick recovery, too.

There is also a "cool touch" type of procedure that is not invasive, and it helps break down smaller fat deposits over time. It takes a lot longer to get results, but the benefit is that it can be done in a spa and there's no recovery time.

Basically you are looking at one expensive procedure with recovery, or several less expensive procedures that add up to a lot and take a lot more time. If you are afraid of anesthesia, then cool touch is definitely the way to go.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics