Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Did anyone get the new strain that already got Covid before?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 12:10 pm
I am hearing about the South African strain that even if you already got the virus before you can get it again. Is this true? I am nervous because I am pregnant and there are many stories about pregnant woman getting the new strain and having it bad. I already got the virus Rosh Hashana time so I'm wondering if these people have never gotten it before.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 1:40 pm
Although unlikely, there have been cases of reinfections with the new mutant strains. Since you're pregnant, I'd encourage you to be extremely careful with masking and SDing after all the recent horror stories involving pregnant women.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 1:56 pm
My family got the new strain (they didn't have covid before). I still have sufficient antibodies from last March (we checked) and I did not catch it from them (I didn't keep separate from them because of my antibodies).

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 2:21 pm
A family member of mine (healthy 20 yr old) had Covid in March/April and just tested positive for Covid (no symptoms, but had to test for other reasons). Not sure if it’s more likely that it’s a false positive or that it’s Covid again.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 2:51 pm
My friend got the new strain and she already had Covid

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 3:11 pm
How do you know which strain it was?
I have covid now, never had it before. How would I know which strain I have?

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 3:15 pm
Kind of like statistically 95% drop in reported people with flu this year.

We can be careful without getting unnecessarily hysterical without any substantive facts so far B"H to back up this being a huge concern.

We gotta go by the facts on the ground thus far. So far reinfections of any strain are extremely minuscule and hope it stays that way IY"H.

Refuah shleimah Gray!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics