Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Please tell me everything about the New Hampshire Mikva 2
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 1:36 pm
I’ve always used the Madison Mikva and this time the only time that worked for me was available at the New Hampshire Mikva phase two.

Please if you can help me out-
Where exactly is the Mikva?
What does the entrance look like?
Any other details I should know about the parking lot or entering?
Inside, is it the same process as the Madison Mikva?

The more details the better.
I always get very nervous when going to a new Mikva.
I really appreciate your help.
Thanks.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 1:38 pm
There is no clear sign for the mikva, just the address. It is next door to TT Beis Avraham IIRC.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 1:39 pm
Beautiful rooms
Exact same system.
There is only a sign with an address.
Phase 2 is just the second entrance.
Mikva ladies were very sweet.

amother
Watermelon

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 1:41 pm
delete

Last edited by amother on Mon, Oct 11 2021, 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 1:56 pm
Every time I leave the parking lot I swing (pent up mikva anxiety?) straight into the southbound lane on New Hampshire. I have so far narrowly avoided two head on crashes.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 2:01 pm
I only use new Hampshire mikvah. I had a bad experience by Madison one.
NH mikvah is beautiful and clean.
It's on new Hampshire, near the 70. There are always loads of cars in the lot but I've never crossed paths with other women.
There are 2 main entrances. Phase 1 is first entrance closest to street. I assume phase 2 is the other entrance.
I've found that the mikvah ladies are younger now due to corona, which I dont love, but they are pretty nice.

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 2:36 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I only use new Hampshire mikvah. I had a bad experience by Madison one.
NH mikvah is beautiful and clean.
It's on new Hampshire, near the 70. There are always loads of cars in the lot but I've never crossed paths with other women.
There are 2 main entrances. Phase 1 is first entrance closest to street. I assume phase 2 is the other entrance.
I've found that the mikvah ladies are younger now due to corona, which I dont love, but they are pretty nice.

Samesssss

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 3:04 pm
Thanks so much!!
So no one has an address? Would like to at least see a picture on google streets first.

And do you mean that phase one and two are the same building, just different entrances?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 3:05 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Every time I leave the parking lot I swing (pent up mikva anxiety?) straight into the southbound lane on New Hampshire. I have so far narrowly avoided two head on crashes.

Ugh I hate driving highways Sad
I’m so nervous now

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 3:27 pm
921 New Hampshire Ave. If you are coming from cedar bridge you just make a right onto new Hampshire. It's not a highway. Dont worry, at night the roads are never as busy as by day.
Yes it's one big building. I get nervous too

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 3:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ugh I hate driving highways Sad
I’m so nervous now

I'm so sorry! The last time I didn't-I was super careful.
https://www.google.com/maps/pl.....data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x89c18294eae2d9e3:0xa28a3eac6ca80359!8m2!3d40.0527634!4d-74.1959471
The building is the big brick one. The entrance is by the small sign that says Entrance 921. You can drive by it a different day to prepare-that's what I did the first time I went.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 5:21 pm
I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your responses. Thanks so much for the address. Maybe I should drive by as well.
Is the door I circled the entrance? Also the parking lot says do not enter is there another entrance?

amother
Black

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 5:42 pm
Mikva ladies I’ve had there have been really nice

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 5:44 pm
No it's the next entrance. That's the school behind it. The entrance has a sign that says entrance 921. You can see it clearly on google maps.

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 5:49 pm

It's the entrance with the sign. The other side of the mikva building from the picture you posted. Once you get there it's self explanatory.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 6:28 pm
Thanks so much crookshanks. Hopefully everything will go smoothly!

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 6:36 pm
Amen! Hatzlacha!

amother
DarkGreen

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 7:55 pm
Was recently there horrible experience. They do not provide you with shampoo or a toothbrush! You gotta bring along your own stuff which I never had anywhere else. Pretty old room

amother
Feverfew

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 7:58 pm
amother DarkGreen wrote:
Was recently there horrible experience. They do not provide you with shampoo or a toothbrush! You gotta bring along your own stuff which I never had anywhere else. Pretty old room

They absolutely provide you with shampoo and bar soap
They never claimed to provide a toothbrush, but they are available to buy, and no mikva in Lakewood provides that
The whole mikva is less than 10 years old, so no, the room is not old

The mikva is beautiful, sorry you didn’t appreciate the experience there

amother
Outerspace

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 11:46 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:
They absolutely provide you with shampoo and bar soap
They never claimed to provide a toothbrush, but they are available to buy, and no mikva in Lakewood provides that
The whole mikva is less than 10 years old, so no, the room is not old

The mikva is beautiful, sorry you didn’t appreciate the experience there

Actually I was just there this week, after not going there in a while. I noticed there was only an off brand shampoo and no soap. I was surprised. The robes were all shredded. It definitely doesn't look as new as it should.
I've used the belz mikva my last few times. There you get regular shampoo and soap as well as disposable toothbrushes... In general, mikvaos in the chassidish world are just a lot more upscale (for the lack of a better word).
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries