Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
The things Teachers say
Previous  1  2

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 10:48 am
In Bnos Brocha in Lakewood the phrase “I love HaShem and HaShem loves me” is engrained in the girls since kindergarten. I always though it was such a beautiful thing.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 12:12 pm
In Bnos Yaakov in Lakewood Mrs. Twerski says things over and over to the girls until it's deeply engrained..."Don't cross the red line!"..."v'ahavta l'reiacha kamocha means really, truly, exactly like you love yourself"... "Sefer Tehillim is your best friend"...I am so grateful for the yiras shamayim she instilled in my daughters

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 12:43 pm
When we were seniors in H.S. our principal was telling us about choices we may have to make in college and life and he said, "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out and don't move so far to the right that you fall off."

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 1:41 pm
SuperWifey and op, the teacher who said don’t sell ur neshama for a point was that the computer teacher? I had that teacher and she was trying to teach us to be honest. She had a few such sayings.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 2:57 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
SuperWifey and op, the teacher who said don’t sell ur neshama for a point was that the computer teacher? I had that teacher and she was trying to teach us to be honest. She had a few such sayings.

No. She actually was quoting her teacher. Maybe op was in her class in high school and they heard it together from their teacher?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 4:24 pm
Yes. It was the computer teacher.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 5:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
(I posted this on the other thread)
My teacher used to say during tests ,
"Don't sell your neshama for a point!"

Mrs. Frankel from BYM?? That line is always in my mind!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 5:47 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:

Yup! Very Happy

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 12:22 am
My favorite quote was from an elementary school teacher who would always say that "a yid is a yid is a yid is a yid". Meaning that it doesn't matter what you did or how low you think you've sunk you're still a yid and you can always do teshuvah and become better.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 5:02 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:

Makes sense my teacher was from Monsey lol

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 7:24 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
In Bnos Yaakov in Lakewood Mrs. Twerski says things over and over to the girls until it's deeply engrained..."Don't cross the red line!"..."v'ahavta l'reiacha kamocha means really, truly, exactly like you love yourself"... "Sefer Tehillim is your best friend"...I am so grateful for the yiras shamayim she instilled in my daughters

I'm so lucky! I'm so lucky!
Why am I so lucky?
Because I'm a heilege Yid!
Who loves me?
Hashem!
How much does Hashem love me?
More and more. More than we can ever imagine!

What is fun?
Fun is a mitzvah!

"Rub a dub dub. I put my neshama, into the tub."
"To follow the details of halacha, in every situation to become a naki with a good reputation."
Kamocha, mamash-really, exactly, literally like yourself!
These are things I remember years later...I credit Bnos Yaakov for the strong foundation I have in yiddishkeit.

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 1:54 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
I'm so lucky! I'm so lucky!
Why am I so lucky?
Because I'm a heilege Yid!
Who loves me?
Hashem!
How much does Hashem love me?
More and more. More than we can ever imagine!

What is fun?
Fun is a mitzvah!

"Rub a dub dub. I put my neshama, into the tub."
"To follow the details of halacha, in every situation to become a naki with a good reputation."
Kamocha, mamash-really, exactly, literally like yourself!
These are things I remember years later...I credit Bnos Yaakov for the strong foundation I have in yiddishkeit.

Yes! Haha, you can tell you actually went to Bnos Yaakov, while I just sent my daughters there...you actually got the quotes right, while I had to paraphrase a little : )

amother
Denim

Post Sat, Feb 20 2021, 7:30 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Yes! Haha, you can tell you actually went to Bnos Yaakov, while I just sent my daughters there...you actually got the quotes right, while I had to paraphrase a little : )

I thought of this today when I concentrated during Kiddush,
"Hashem created the world, Hashem runs the world, He runs my world, even when He challenges me to grow!"
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational