Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Keto cholent?

Makehumusnotwar

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 7:58 am
Anyone have any recipes?

Particularly want advice on what seasonings and condiments you would use for a keto cholent.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 8:21 am
I am not understanding the concept of a keto chulent. Other than meat in a crock pot, how does that work? You wouldn’t use beans, barley, potatoes, kiska, or carrots. Do you use walnuts and avocado in their stead? What do you put in before you even get to the seasonings?

fiji

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 10:36 am
I fill the crock pot with chicken soup as the base, meat and marrow bones, zucchini and mushrooms. It’s not really a cholent, more of a stew

Frumme

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 10:47 am
Onion soup. Place a roast and a ton of sliced onions into a crockpot. Add any spices you'd like, like salt and pepper, and set it on low.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 11:05 am
https://completelyketo.com/har.....lent/

amother
White

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 1:46 pm
When I was doing keto I used an onion, kolichel, and a can of black soy beans (I only ever found them on amazon) and flavored with garlic powder, pepper, paprika, salt, chili powder. It was more like a beef stew but delicious nonetheless. Whole raw eggs in there were delicious too.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 11:18 pm
I try to be low carb & usually don't feel like getting fleishig. I've been doing lima beans, carrots, onions & mushrooms (just don't have too much of the carrots & beans). I would have been afraid to try cauliflower & zucchini, but maybe now I will try them.

I brown the onions in the oven with oil first, much better that way!

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 11:46 pm
Onion, meat, stewed tomatoes, eggplant riced cauliflower

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 12:04 am
Was just going to ask about eggplant. You find it's good in cholent? What does it taste like? (Eggplant?)

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 12:25 am
Our fave is lamb belly

yiddishemama524

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 1:01 am
Here’s delicious recipe!!

A head of cauliflower cut
Bag of Red radishes ( wash well but can keep peel on!)
Can of black soy beans ( amazon or bigger groceries have like shoprite and some bigger Jewish groceries )
Meat of your choice
Spices : salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder , (onion soup mix)
And no sugar added Heinz ketchup
Water ( because there’s aren’t rlly beans or barley the water doesn’t get soaked in so don’t do too much water but not too little either ) it took me a few weeks to get it right honestly ..

Enjoy! I know it sounds gross but trust me it’s rlly good and I actually am not on keto .. my husband is and I love this because it’s so light but just as tasty !

imasinger

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 6:46 pm
I'm curious about the black soybeans, are they really low carb?

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 10:12 pm
I tried eggplant. It really added a meaty taste!

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 10:33 pm
Back when I was eating low-carb, I would slice up onions and mushrooms into the crock pot with some chicken stock or beef stock and either put several strips of flanken or a small fattier roast and a bit of fresh ginger and garlic. That's it. I'd make rice in my rice cooker so that the rest of the family and guests who don't want to eat low-carb could eat the meat-onions over the rice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note