Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Does your fridge have a water filter?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 11:02 pm
Our does. It’s a new fridge. Expensive model that we bought last year. After about 6 months a message showed on the digital display that the filter was ‘bad’ and it was time to replace. My kids refused to drink the water so I ordered a new filter. Now it’s almost 6 months later and I think this whole thing is a scam. It’s not really telling me how good my filter is. It’s just set to show that it needs a new filter every six months!! Does anyone else have this? I ordered another filter. Did I really need to??

small bean

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 11:05 pm
Mine needs to be changed every 2 months. I do not change it. I don't think the water needs to be filtered.

Kumphort

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 11:16 pm
Mine also asks to be changed every 6 months. I guess you can if ore the lights. But we definitely notice a change in the flow by the time it gets to that point.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 11:44 pm
So how do I know how good the filter really is after 6 months if it’s programmed to let me know to change filter every 6 months? I thought at first that it was measuring the effectiveness of the filter. It’s clearly not. Today my filter shows that it only has 2% left. In 2 days it will show 0% even if I don’t use it. It’s just counting 182 day no matter if I’m using the filter or not.

Sprinkles1

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 12:49 am
I always wondered whether it was counting the days or the gallons.

Yeah, I change it about every 6 months, but I dont get the brand names, I get the cheap knockoffs from amazon.

twizzlers1

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 2:36 am
I don't have one in my fridge but we change ours about once a year. It's on the counter and the plumber said that that is really good enough. Honestly we mostly do it for the taste and it tastes fine the entire time. If it didn't we would change it sooner.

mamma llama

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 2:45 am
I have the same thing with my fridge too. I usually don't change it until the water starts coming out slower, indicating that the filter is actually full.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen