Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
The lazy way to make chicken nuggets

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 10:12 am
...besides for buying frozen.
I once tried to cut corners when I was pressed for time and it was a real hit! Even my picky eaters loved it. Since then I've been doing it like this. Saves lots of time.

Cut the chicken breast into small pieces. (This way you dont have to flatten it with a meat happer.)
Heat large frying pan. Add oil
Put 2 eggs in a bowl, beat, add spices.
Put chicken pieces into the bowl of egg.
When the oil is hot, pour the whole bowl of chicken and egg into the pan, quickly stir and then pour in bread crumbs. Stir again. Cook for a few minute, stirring occasionally, until it's all cooked thru.
No one thought my Chicken nuggets looked odd and it was eaten up to the last drop! No more coating each piece individually, then frying and turning over etc....

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 10:19 am
I'm trying to imagine how this works without oil splashing all over and all chicken one big mush.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 10:32 am
I throw the chicken nuggets into a ziplock bag that has flour- shake it and mix it around.
Pour an egg into bag and smush around

Sometimes I’ll just add spices to the flour and just fry the batter chicken pieces in the Betty Crocker.

Other times I take a disposable plate or piece of parchment paper with crumbs and quickly coat the chicken and throw into Betty Crocker or lined oiled cookie sheet into oven.

Takes minutes and is practically mess free Smile

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 10:40 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
I'm trying to imagine how this works without oil splashing all over and all chicken one big mush.

It doesn't splash. Pour it in gently. The chicken is not one big mush because I stir it and it breaks apart.
Look, it doesnt get perfectly coated like it would if you coated each one individually. But it does the job and is so much less hassle. And it tastes the same, as long as you add the usual spices.
Try it! You'll thank me after.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 10:41 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It doesn't splash. Pour it in gently. The chicken is not one big mush because I stir it and it breaks apart.
Look, it doesnt get perfectly coated like it would if you coated each one individually. But it does the job and is so much less hassle. And it tastes the same, as long as you add the usual spices.
Try it! You'll thank me after.

The chicken doesn't dry out?

OOTforlife

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 10:49 am
I like your idea OP. Adding it to my recipe list!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics