Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How long to quarantine. Lakewood
Previous  1  2

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 4:13 pm
I asked a doctor within the last week and this is what I was told:

the person who tested positive must quarantine for a minimum of 10 days.family members who have medical documentation from within the past 90 days that they have antibodies do not have to quarantine. Everyone else must wait 14 days and have a negative test to end quarantine. test can be taken at any point after 10 days have passed. IF family members develop symptoms they must wait 3 days from end of symptoms

Java

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 4:16 pm
Wondering why the OP felt it necessary to specify that she lives in lakewood?

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 4:17 pm
Rules are different. We're special Very Happy

Chayalle

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 4:19 pm
cutestbaby wrote:
Wondering why the OP felt it necessary to specify that she lives in lakewood?

I imagine she wants to know what local doctors are saying.

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 4:21 pm
Chayalle wrote:

Aww that's such a sensible reason!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 4:33 pm
Update - so my kids tested positive (no symptoms) so according to my dr, me and my kids will be all be doing
10 days from sunday as long as the last three days are symptom free. My husband tested for antibodies 112 days ago so will not be quarantining

Thanks all for your help

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 4:50 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Antibodies are not the end of quarantine! What if you caught a different strain? We have the British one, the South African one, the Californian one...

People with antibodies can still pass it on, they just won't get sick! The virus could be inside your nose and they are breathing it out, infecting others....

If anyone is sick in your home- everyone must quarantine
!!!

Well then, everyone should just stay home forever.
Amother denim you are not advising what the doctors are saying.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 4:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Update - so my kids tested positive (no symptoms) so according to my dr, me and my kids will be all be doing
10 days from sunday as long as the last three days are symptom free. My husband tested for antibodies 112 days ago so will not be quarantining

Thanks all for your help

There you go... following doctors advice! Hope everyone stays well!

Chayalle

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 4:58 pm
Refuah Shelaima OP! Wishing you sanity over the next week or so.....

Java

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 4:59 pm
Chayalle wrote:

What's the difference whether or not they're local? I presume the same rules apply everywhere?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 5:01 pm
The armchair doctors on this site are amazing.

My DD gets exposed to COVID on a daily basis. We joke around here that healthcare workers are immune...but the truth is, what keeps me calm is that she has antibodies (recently retested). And her constant re-exposure probably keeps those antibodies up-to-date.

Everyone should follow what their doctor says (and they aren't saying that the families of healthcare workers should all quarantine indefinitely.....) and not what anonymous posters say.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 5:03 pm
cutestbaby wrote:
What's the difference whether or not they're local? I presume the same rules apply everywhere?

Differences in opinions abound. One could go crazy trying to find out what every single doctor anywhere says.

I feel like the concept of "yiftach b'doro k'shmuel b'doro" with apologies to Chazal, sort of applies. I follow the doctors in my community to the best of my ability, and I don't go nuts about what someone heard somewhere out there....

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 5:14 pm
Chayalle wrote:
The armchair doctors on this site are amazing.

My DD gets exposed to COVID on a daily basis. We joke around here that healthcare workers are immune...but the truth is, what keeps me calm is that she has antibodies (recently retested). And her constant re-exposure probably keeps those antibodies up-to-date.

Everyone should follow what their doctor says (and they aren't saying that the families of healthcare workers should all quarantine indefinitely.....) and not what anonymous posters say.

Healthcare workers are obviously not immune but we need people to take care of the sick! It’s not political or anything. It’s just practical for survival

Miri1

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 11:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Thanks all for your help

OP, I think you should double check regarding your own quarantine. I"ve never heard that you need to be three days symptom free.
CDC says symptoms need to be improved (that's not the same as symptom free) and you need to be 24 hrs fever free as long as you've counted 10 days from start of symptoms.

Perhaps your doc meant ten days for your kids as long as they remain symptom free?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 11:19 am
Miri1 wrote:
OP, I think you should double check regarding your own quarantine. I"ve never heard that you need to be three days symptom free.
CDC says symptoms need to be improved (that's not the same as symptom free) and you need to be 24 hrs fever free as long as you've counted 10 days from start of symptoms.

Perhaps your doc meant ten days for your kids as long as they remain symptom free?

That would be great I’ll look into that thanks

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 12:31 pm
Miri1 wrote:

AIUI, her kids tested positive on Sunday. If you're asymptomatic, the quarantine is 10 days from the test. If you're symptomatic, 10 days from symptom onset, so long as the last 3 days are fever free and symptoms are abating.

I just checked this for DS, who was symptomatic. The testing center said 10 days from the test, but we checked and that's only for asymptomatic.

Miri1

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 2:16 pm
Yes that's consistent with what I wrote -
10 days from test as long as they remain symptom free.

Now looking back at OP's post it sounds like they are all starting their count from Sunday, which is when SHE tested positive, but the kids tested later...hmm, not sure I'm following the doctor's reasoning.

However the 3 days fever free hasn't been in the guidelines since the summer as far as I know.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 2:33 pm
I was told by dr at urgent care that if person that has covid quarantine in their own room, other family members can wait 5 days and take pcr test (2days not rapid!) And if it's negative and they have zero symptoms end quarantine after 7 days!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics