Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
This Is Us ... With spoilers for season 5

essie14

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 1:52 pm
This show makes me cry every single episode!

Spoilers below for Season 5 episode 8 (Feb 16, 2021)

I LOVED how they brought in the computer scientist whose technology is in video chatting.
This family uses FaceTime so much, was such a beautiful homage.
Loved the painting from the kids and the last scene with the toddler Big 3....
The way they are incorporating Covid makes it so topical and so much more emotional. They are going through what all of us are going through. Seeing Rebecca's reactions at meeting 3 new grandchildren on FaceTime, I just sobbed.

Who else is watching in real time?
I'm happy I've been watching weekly since the beginning It heightens the emotions when you aren't bingeing, right?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 3:32 pm
I used to love watching the show. I was so excited when their new season started. I couldn't even finish the first episode it was so obsessed with Corona. I watch TV to relax and take a break from real life so I sadly had to turn it off.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 3:56 pm
Me!!!
Didn’t watch last nights episode yet

I like Madison.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 10:55 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I used to love watching the show. I was so excited when their new season started. I couldn't even finish the first episode it was so obsessed with Corona. I watch TV to relax and take a break from real life so I sadly had to turn it off.

So I gotta admit I still watch it anyway, but I hate the way the current shows all try to incorporate corona. I watch 911 too and with all those masks, I can't properly hear what they're saying! It's very annoying.
Thankfully I can still watch older shows that don't have all this craziness in it.
I wonder what it'll be like in a decade or so when people will watch back on these episodes.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 11:56 am
Maybe we wear masks for decades and they’d be like “woaw., people walked around without masks .. and breathed on each other “..

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 1:07 pm
Finally watched it. Best episode yet. I loved it.

Rosie89

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 2:13 pm
I thought it was a great episode and became emotional several times. I love how there’s a new “big three” that’s made up of twins and an adopted child, and I’m glad that Kevin and Randall made up.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 2:17 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Maybe we wear masks for decades and they’d be like “woaw., people walked around without masks .. and breathed on each other “..

G-d forbid!

Yeah, I thought the corona stuff was being overplayed too. Then I watched Gray's and OMG - could they make a show more miserable????

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 2:57 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
So I gotta admit I still watch it anyway, but I hate the way the current shows all try to incorporate corona. I watch 911 too and with all those masks, I can't properly hear what they're saying! It's very annoying.
Thankfully I can still watch older shows that don't have all this craziness in it.
I wonder what it'll be like in a decade or so when people will watch back on these episodes.

I like it, it makes the shows seen more like real life. A medical show especially would be strange if they didn’t do Covid plot lines.

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 3:23 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:

Exact same! it was my favorite show until season five. I couldnt get through the first episode.
Same happened with greys anatomy, end of 15th, beginning of 16th season.
Once they start pushing a political agenda, I lose all interest

icedcoffee

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 3:28 pm
Me! I haven't been loving the new season, but the last two episodes really pulled it together for me. Beth and Randall calling Madison was soooo sweet. And I was so invested in Kevin arriving on time! The computer scientist was an interesting twist. I love when they start episodes off with strangers and we eventually learn how their story ties in.

I feel indifferent about the masks. They're doing the same thing on Law and Order SVU and what bothers me most is that they're inconsistent. Like they wear the mask outdoors at the crime scene, then they come inside to discuss it and everyone takes off the mask, presumably so we can hear them better. With This is Us is, it's supposed to feel "real," and the different timelines are so set in stone that it would be bizarre to have a 2020 season and have them *not* be wearing masks.

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 4:26 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Exact same! it was my favorite show until season five. I couldnt get through the first episode.
Same happened with greys anatomy, end of 15th, beginning of 16th season.
Once they start pushing a political agenda, I lose all interest

How is wearing masks a political agenda? That’s the reality of the world right now.

heidi

Post Sat, Feb 20 2021, 4:53 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
How is wearing masks a political agenda? That’s the reality of the world right now.

Gray's Anatomy can't stop talking about black women dying from corona at a higher rate than other people and so much more that I can't remember now. It's stopped being entertainment and become political commentary.

amother
Lavender

Post Sat, Feb 20 2021, 8:17 pm
heidi wrote:
Gray's Anatomy can't stop talking about black women dying from corona at a higher rate than other people and so much more that I can't remember now. It's stopped being entertainment and become political commentary.

Yes! Omg I cant stop rolling my eyes when I watch it these days

amother
Pearl

Post Sat, Feb 20 2021, 10:28 pm
Where/how can I watch this show?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics