Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby keeps rolling onto belly, can't roll back, cries

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 8:07 am
Help please! Our 14 week old started rolling onto her belly in crib and we were told it's safe to leave her if she rolls there, but she doesn't know how to roll back and cries. Usually rolling her back isn't enough by the time I come in and I have to console her.

During the day she can stay on her belly for a while, but I don't think she realises she can relax her head. When I try to guide her head down during tummy time she starts kvetching. We're trying to practice rolling her onto her back during the day. About a month ago she was able to fall to her back occasionally when reaching for a toy but she hasn't done that in a few weeks.

Any ideas for games to teach dd to turn to her back or to relax her head on the side? Any other ideas (other than wedges which are risky for her)? She wakes up multiple times at night because of this.

If this happened with your baby, how long did it last?

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 8:08 am
I remember posting this when my baby did this. The only solution is knowing it passes. It didn’t take long.

imasinger

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 8:10 am
You're doing it right; keep trying to teach her during the day.

You can try putting her on her stomach under a dangling toy or baby gym, and see if the desire to play will encourage her to try.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 8:13 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I remember posting this when my baby did this. The only solution is knowing it passes. It didn’t take long.

Thank you. How long is "long", if you recall? ("Long" is relative lol. My labour wasn't long but it was also forever iykwim.)

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 8:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you. How long is "long", if you recall? ("Long" is relative lol. My labour wasn't long but it was also forever iykwim.)

I actually think it was only an issue for a few nights. Hope it resolves quickly for you too.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 8:23 am
Amen! Thank you!

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 8:30 am
They generally sort themselves out within a week. It's cute, though.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 8:38 am
This reminds me of when DD was learning to crawl. At first she could only scoot backwards. Then she'd end up stuck under the couch, and scream.

I'd come pull her out and rescue her, and 5 minutes later she'd be back under the couch screaming again. This went on for WEEKS!

I was so relived when she finally figured out how to go forward. That was a pretty exhausting time.

Repeat after me: "This is a phase, it won't last forever."

You have my permission to use this mantra all the way until your kids are married. Wink

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 9:05 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
They generally sort themselves out within a week. It's cute, though.

They are very cute, just the more sleep I get, the more I can appreciate it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics