Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
S\o covid pregnancy versus anti vaxxers
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 12:14 pm
https://www.israelnationalnews.....97200

Family of deceased pregnant woman: We opposed vaccine
Brother in law of Osnat Ben Shitrit: 'I established one of the most successful Facebook groups against the vaccines, now I've disabled it.'

Family members of Osnat Ben Shitrit, the pregnant woman who died last night at Hadassah Hospital in Jerusalem, opposed receiving the Covid-19 vaccine.

Ben Shitrit, 32, who was in her 30th week of pregnancy, died in the intensive care unit at Hadassah Ein Kerem Hospital, and the efforts to revive the fetus also failed.

Ben Shitrit's brother-in-law told Kan News: "I founded one of the most successful groups on Facebook against the vaccines, after this case I disabled it. When it comes to you, you understand that you have to think differently."

chestnut

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 1:29 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
I’m a pro vaxxer but with a vaccine that came out in 6 months And has had side effects that the media keeps trying to coverup I rather hold off on. My uncle whose in the medical field agreed with us and he said he took it cause of his age his son took it cause he needs to in his field etc. and he knows we vaccinate.

While your uncle who's in the medical field agrees with you that it came out too fast and has side effects that are covered up, he still took it because of his age. Doesn't it mean that he realizes that getting covid is potentially more dangerous than this vaccine, at least for seniors?

mig100

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 1:33 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/297200

Family of deceased pregnant woman: We opposed vaccine
Brother in law of Osnat Ben Shitrit: 'I established one of the most successful Facebook groups against the vaccines, now I've disabled it.'

Family members of Osnat Ben Shitrit, the pregnant woman who died last night at Hadassah Hospital in Jerusalem, opposed receiving the Covid-19 vaccine.

Ben Shitrit, 32, who was in her 30th week of pregnancy, died in the intensive care unit at Hadassah Ein Kerem Hospital, and the efforts to revive the fetus also failed.

Ben Shitrit's brother-in-law told Kan News: "I founded one of the most successful groups on Facebook against the vaccines, after this case I disabled it. When it comes to you, you understand that you have to think differently."

How sad that this is what it took to disable the group Crying

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 2:00 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
In this case, the older person has what the reaction is as a very mild condition that comes out in certain circumstances. So taking the vaccine can make it come out in full force.

Uh, so can covid, and covid is more likely to do that than the vaccine?

Another mom

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 2:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Go to any news site you will see the same thing with covid vaccines. Walked out of the drs office and had a heart attack yet here the heart attack is no connection just a coincidence. Yet a woman with covid who has a stillborn it's BC of covid. How come hundreds of healthy people have stillborn every year?

Please respect!! I read the news- original- in Hebrew. The baby had COVID (through the placenta) The mother was positive Sad And her sister in law feels TERRIBLE that they were in WhatsApp groups against the vax. They left all those groups.....
יהי זכרה ברוך - Four orphans.....

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 2:15 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Uh, so can covid, and covid is more likely to do that than the vaccine?

This person is wearing masks and SD.
Rarely goes out except to immediate family who are also being very careful.
Is willing to continue like this for a little longer as per the Drs recommendations.

Every person has to discuss with their Dr if they should take it.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 3:07 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
First of all, Covid is only a year old, so there’s not enough medical proof of much to begin with . Vaccines have been around for way longer, plus there have been trials with thousands and thousands of people.
Second, doing something that will only affect you won’t get as much backlash as someone who does something that will affect lots of others.

However long Covid has been around, the vax has certainly been around less. So to use your own words, "there's not enough medical proof of much to begin with." Even more true of the vax then the virus.

And while thousands may have been tested, no long term studies are available - precisely because it hasn't been around long term.

When someone has pre-existing conditions and also Covid and dies, they are said to have died of Covid.

When someone has pre-existing conditions and gets a corona vax and dies, it's always just an unfortunate coincidence. Ditto if they had no pre-existing condition but died a few days later.

I can't figure out why more people aren't bothered by this.

ETA: STOP with the hugs. If what I posted about doesn't bother you then please give a sound explanation of WHY. I cannot for the life of me understand that blind trust in going along with this. I am not anti-vax but I am skeptical of any situation where one party assumes all the risk (anyone getting a vaccine) and the other party has zero risk (drug companies are completely protected from all liability should anything go wrong).

southernbubby

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 3:31 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
However long Covid has been around, the vax has certainly been around less. So to use your own words, "there's not enough medical proof of much to begin with." Even more true of the vax then the virus.

And while thousands may have been tested, no long term studies are available - precisely because it hasn't been around long term.

When someone has pre-existing conditions and also Covid and dies, they are said to have died of Covid.

When someone has pre-existing conditions and gets a corona vax and dies, it's always just an unfortunate coincidence. Ditto if they had no pre-existing condition but died a few days later.

I can't figure out why more people aren't bothered by this.

ETA: STOP with the hugs. If what I posted about doesn't bother you then please give a sound explanation of WHY. I cannot for the life of me understand that blind trust in going along with this. I am not anti-vax but I am skeptical of any situation where one party assumes all the risk (anyone getting a vaccine) and the other party has zero risk (drug companies are completely protected from all liability should anything go wrong).

I am not saying that it doesn't bother me but the choices are like this:

1) take the vaccine
2) don't take the vaccine and accept a reduced quality of life spent in isolation
3) catch the disease and try to cure it with the FDA approved drugs
4) catch it and attempt to treat it with drugs that are not FDA approved

Basically the risk of dying as a result of the vaccine probably does exist but I don't think that most people would be happy with choices 2, 3, and 4.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 9:16 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I am not saying that it doesn't bother me but the choices are like this:

1) take the vaccine
2) don't take the vaccine and accept a reduced quality of life spent in isolation
3) catch the disease and try to cure it with the FDA approved drugs
4) catch it and attempt to treat it with drugs that are not FDA approved

Basically the risk of dying as a result of the vaccine probably does exist but I don't think that most people would be happy with choices 2, 3, and 4.

There are drugs that are available (though perhaps hard to get in some places - and that is a whole other problem) that when taken early are extremely, extremely effective. Thus, I cannot imagine that anyone who is in generally good health and not of very advanced age wouldn't rely on the combination of their immune system and these drugs.

I can see that for those of very advanced age the vaccine might be a risk worth taking. I can see why anyone with pre-existing conditions might find the vaccine a risk worth taking.

Though on the other hand, these same people might be most sensitive to the vaccine and most at risk of vaccine injury, so.... it's really a hard call I think.

But no matter what the circumstances, it is something to be discussed with a medical doctor and everyone should certainly go with the advice of a trusted doctor who knows your medical history.

But all of that is an aside.

The point I think the OP was making is that any death with any connection to corona virus is always a COVID death. Always. I mean, if someone is hit by a truck and dies from those injuries, but also happens to test positive for Covid, it's a Covid death. But when a bunch of older folks in a nursing home passed away 24-48 hours after the vax - of course it had nothing to do with the vax! They were just old. They were going to die anyhow. When someone gets bells palsy a few hours after the vax - hey, sorry, people get bells palsy all the time and the fact that you had a shot a few hours ago is pure coincidence.

Look, maybe the vax IS the best alternative for many people. MAYBE. But when I see there is a plan in place to make people terrified of COVID (and hey, not for nothing - I think we all know people who died and people who came close) but believe the vax is 100% safe -- how do you give that credibility? It makes me very distrustful.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 10:39 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Covid is more contagious than the flu. Covid is also more deadly than the flu. It’s not the same at all, and I’m not sure how you can compare?

What is different about covid is that risk is clearly stratified by age group. Perhaps it's true that, when all ages are averaged together, covid is more deadly than the flu.

But if you compare the different age categories that is not true. The risk of serious illness from covid for those under 40 is infinitesimal.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 10:49 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Pregnant 32-year-old woman and her fetus die of COVID at Jerusalem hospital

Expert says case ‘raises a red flag’ regarding dangers of coronavirus to pregnant women, especially the now-dominant British variant; 30-week pregnant woman had not been vaccinated

A 32-year-old woman died of COVID-19 and doctors were unable to save her 30-week fetus in an emergency C-section, a Jerusalem hospital announced Sunday.

The woman, Osnat Ben Shitrit, was healthy until she recently contracted the coronavirus, and previously had four smooth pregnancies that ended in straightforward births, a spokeswoman for Hadassah Medical Center told The Times of Israel.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/.....ital/

This is simply fear mongering by slanted news.

There is no published data finding that any new strains are more deadly or more deadly for younger people.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics