Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Gift for dd older single teacher

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 1:44 pm
I'd like to send a gift to daughter's teacher. Any ideas for gift for woman in her 30s, unmarried?

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 1:50 pm
Something like nice teas or hot cocoas is always good. Chocolate always works. What kind of budget are you looking for?

Think about something you enjoy alone without having to share with your family.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 1:52 pm
If you want to give food, a candy sectional but instead of candy each section has a different veggie like baby carrots, baby corn, cucumber, pickles etc with a dip

If you want to give gift card, a gift card to a restaurant or a spa for mani/pedi

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 1:53 pm
Cookbook

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 1:55 pm
Really, the sorts of things you'd likely give a teacher (stationary, office supplies, cute mug or water tumbler, chocolates, etc) work for any, no matter their stage in life. Even if you were thinking of some kind of kitchen gadget or cookbook, it's fine. You don't have to be married to cook, lol.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 1:55 pm
A gift card with a nice note

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 1:56 pm
Lotion, handbag, decor, gift card

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 2:01 pm
Price point?

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 4:18 pm
A shidduch

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 4:28 pm
Thanks for the ideas.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 4:32 pm
Salon gift card. For Mani or Mani/pedi

tante_feige

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 1:29 am
Whatever you'd give a married teacher.

dankbar

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 7:20 am
A personal thing like lotion, wristlet, watch, jewelry, jewelry roll, handbag, school bag, perfume, nice gloves, umbrella, scarf/wrap, cosmetics bag.
A school thing, like paper weight, fancy post it notes, leather portfolio folder, gift card to a teaching aid store.
Some home things that she can still enjoy no matter where she lives like diffuser, newsrack
A gift card for ice cream, restaurant, coffee shop, choco store, spa, book store.
A mug, insulated personal coffee jug, fancy water bottle, a frother, a personal blender for smoothies, a monogrammed or Full first name fingertip towels.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 8:46 am
delete

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 9:09 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
She’s a woman before she’s a single. You can get her anything you would get a married woman.

My sister (single) and I (married) enjoy the same things and often get the same gifts from
My parents and grandparents etc.

TBH what differentiates us is that I’m having Sx and she’s not, and I hope your not giving anything related to that for MM.

Totally incorrect!
I was an older single. I had no need for serving platters and picture frames.
You’re crazy if you think s-x is the only thing that differentiates you from a single woman. It’s about having a relationship. A home. A family. You’re so shallow. I wonder why you got married before your sister with your shallowness.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 9:27 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Totally incorrect!
I was an older single. I had no need for serving platters and picture frames.
You’re crazy if you think s-x is the only thing that differentiates you from a single woman. It’s about having a relationship. A home. A family. You’re so shallow. I wonder why you got married before your sister with your shallowness.

I was an older single in my 30s and I was glad to get platters or cookbooks and whatnot as gifts. It let me know people viewed me as an adult woman, not as a kid or young girl. Certainly I used them (as I said previously, you don't need to be married or even living in your own place to cook).
Certainly I wanted a home and family but I was still a person, and I wanted to be viewed as such. I wasn't lesser or not fully grown because I didn't have those yet. I didn't define myself by what I didn't have, but by my self growth as a person. Which you don't need to be married to do!
Honestly your post is the very shallow view and you seem to be the type of older single who marries & immediately starts to condescend to her unmarried friends (yes that is unspoken phenomenon that exists).

Simple1

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 12:23 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Really, the sorts of things you'd likely give a teacher (stationary, office supplies, cute mug or water tumbler, chocolates, etc) work for any, no matter their stage in life. Even if you were thinking of some kind of kitchen gadget or cookbook, it's fine. You don't have to be married to cook, lol.

It depends on whether or not she is living on her own. My working daughters would rather get a gift they can use personally. When they cook, they use my utensils. If you give them a kitchen or serving item, the gift ends up being for me. Not that I personally mind LOL. They could save it for later on, but usually they don't, unless it's something unique or special that would be worth saving.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics