Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
2nd dose vaccine-your experience
1  2  3  4  Next

Did you get sick (a/t like fever, nausea, chills) after getting second dose of vaccine?
Yes-I had Moderna  
 31%  [ 23 ]
Yes-I had Pfizer  
 16%  [ 12 ]
No-I had Moderna  
 13%  [ 10 ]
No-I had Pfizer  
 38%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 73

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 10:33 pm
If you had the second dose of the covid vaccine did you get any side effects (aside from sore arm) such as fever, nausea, aches, etc after the second dose? How long did the side effects last? Which vaccine did you get (moderna or pfizer?)

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 10:34 pm
You are missing my option.
No, had Pfizer.

cnc

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 10:41 pm
Moderna. Nauseous and weak for two days- I spent the time in bed. All my colleagues had the same and some had fever as well. The medical center where we were vaccinated , told us to expect these side effects, so I didn’t panic because it was expected. Smile

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 10:48 pm
cnc wrote:
Moderna. Nauseous and weak for two days- I spent the time in bed. All my colleagues had the same and some had fever as well. The medical center where we were vaccinated , told us to expect these side effects, so I didn’t panic because it was expected. Smile

Similar situation. Most (but actually NOT all) of my friends/family/colleagues who took it had the same experience but there were a lucky few who had minimal or no side effects.

I was sick for about 24 hours but only intensely unwell (back and neck pain, fatigue, headache, nausea and vomiting) for about half that time (and the remainder of those 24 hours I felt all those symptoms in a milder form and was less incapacitated by them).

Also took Moderna and also had been well prepared to feel that way so wasn’t concerned and had tried to set up my life that I wouldn’t have anything to do that day (the day following the vaccine).

So so so grateful that I was able to take the vaccine and bezH be protected from covid.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 10:53 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
No, had Pfizer.

Oh no I was sure I put it in there! Not sure how to edit the poll.

[I have added the option to your poll — Rubber Ducky as Mod]

PurpleandGold

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 10:54 pm
Can someone please explain why there is such a big reaction to the second dose of the vaccine? Thank you

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 10:54 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Similar situation. Most (but actually NOT all) of my friends/family/colleagues who took it had the same experience but there were a lucky few who had minimal or no side effects.

I was sick for about 24 hours but only intensely unwell (back and neck pain, fatigue, headache, nausea and vomiting) for about half that time (and the remainder of those 24 hours I felt all those symptoms in a milder form and was less incapacitated by them).

Also took Moderna and also had been well prepared to feel that way so wasn’t concerned and had tried to set up my life that I wouldn’t have anything to do that day (the day following the vaccine).

So so so grateful that I was able to take the vaccine and bezH be protected from covid.

Yikes I’m scheduled to get my second dose two days before Pesach 😬

What’s the deal with taking medicine like Tylenol after? I feel like I’ve read that it might interfere with the effectiveness of the vaccine?

amother
Red

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 11:03 pm
No reaction at all. Pfizer

doctorima

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 11:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yikes I’m scheduled to get my second dose two days before Pesach 😬

What’s the deal with taking medicine like Tylenol after? I feel like I’ve read that it might interfere with the effectiveness of the vaccine?

They advise not to take Tylenol before getting the vaccine, as that can interfere with it. But after getting the vaccine, you may take Tylenol to manage pain, fever, and other discomfort. As to how long to wait, I would suggest asking your doctor or the place that vaccinates you.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 11:07 pm
I answered for DH (I didn't get the vaccine yet)
He had the Moderna. He had it at 8am, by 8pm was in bed. Woke up in the middle of the night with flu-like symptoms. By the morning was feeling slightly better already. By the second morning was feeling fine. He took Advil which was a big help. (His attending physician told them all to take it, didn't hear about a reason not to).
He didn't miss any work

DrMom

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 11:09 pm
No, I had Pfizer.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 11:23 pm
PurpleandGold wrote:
Can someone please explain why there is such a big reaction to the second dose of the vaccine? Thank you

According to the anti science PhD's and MD's who spent 8-12 years and tons of loans on advanced schooling in mainstream universities, because they hate science, they highly suspect the PEG used for the first time ever as an injectable. So according to fact checkers it is most certainly not that. It just means your body works. Just like it works with poison and allergens, subsequent exposures increase the reaction.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 11:31 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
No, had Pfizer.

Ok it’s back up there! Thanks to Rubber Ducky for your quick work!

Teomima

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 11:37 pm
Pfizer. I didn't respond to the poll because there's no option for mildly unwell. I felt sick for two days but nothing was specifically wrong: no fever, no nausea, no chills, just a general sense of unwellness.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 12:02 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
According to the anti science PhD's and MD's who spent 8-12 years and tons of loans on advanced schooling in mainstream universities, because they hate science, they highly suspect the PEG used for the first time ever as an injectable. So according to fact checkers it is most certainly not that. It just means your body works. Just like it works with poison and allergens, subsequent exposures increase the reaction.

I'm sorry? What? This answer is extremely confusing to me...

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 12:09 am
Took Moderna and B"H no reactions Smile

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 12:10 am
Second dose of Moderna on Wednesday.

My arm was slightly more sore this time but no bad symptoms for me or the four other people I know who had their second doses that day.

We were all very closely monitoring and sharing details so it’s hard to know what minor stuff was from vaccine or just from noticing every twinge that normally occurs in a middle aged body. LOL I was tired but sometimes I am tired during the day. There were minor kvetches about headaches but no one had any kind of real illness. No fevers, aches, chills etc. we all indulged ourselves by doing nothing when we got home. Very Happy

We are all thrilled at being able to have some semblance of normalcy again. While we will continue to mask and socially distance in general, we all feel that we can be safe among those who are vaccinated.

Debbie

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 12:54 am
I had Pfizer as did my husband; apart from us both having a bit of muscle achiness we felt BH fine.

moonstone

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 1:49 am
I had Pfizer, was really dreading the second dose because so many people I know had terrible muscle aches, chills, fever, etc. But in the end nothing happened,it was fine.

essie14

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 2:59 am
DH and I both had Pfizer. 24 hours after the 2nd dose I got fever , chills, and nausea and terrible weakness. had to stay in bed for 1 day. it disappeared within 24 hours after it began.
DH also felt unwell after his 2nd shot, but not quite as bad as my reaction.
It was worth it 100%
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics