Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
My DD5 costume. Wear to school if not tznius?
Previous  1  2

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 10:13 am
Another option is to send her to school in a different costume from her dress up box and save her tutu for Purim. This is what I usually do for practical reasons having nothing to do with tznius. I just don't want the new costume to get torn or dirty before we need it for Purim.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 10:31 am
Rutabaga wrote:
Another option is to send her to school in a different costume from her dress up box and save her tutu for Purim. This is what I usually do for practical reasons having nothing to do with tznius. I just don't want the new costume to get torn or dirty before we need it for Purim.

Came to suggest this as well. My dd has the purim party on thurs, the day before purim, and she wants to be a 'kallah'. There's no way I'm sending her with her delicate white costume into school, so we'll dig out a costume from the dress up box instead.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 10:38 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
There's not being makpid about covering the knees and then there's wearing a mini skirt. I think that is the real mixed message being sent here. Sorry

We weren't super makpid about dress length when DD was little, but wearing a tutu in public is a whole nuther level, that we definitely did not do once she was school-age.

However, OP and her DH can decide on what their guidelines are gonna be with tznius, everyone has their time when they are going to start on tznius, as long as the time comes sooner or later.....

I do think OP should put a skirt under the tutu for school. It shows respect for the school rule.

finprof

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 11:15 am
OP I feel you. I'm MO and show knees and elbows when I feel its appropriate but not when I don't, my daughters do as well. I don't see it as a mixed message but rather acting respectfully when you are in more strict company.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics