Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
SNAP Recertification Interview Issues

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 12:41 pm
I had to recertify my SNAP benefits. I did that online. Now I received a letter that they set up a phone appointment (which they didnt) and I missed my appointment. I tried calling the number given on the letter but nobody picks up after hours being on hold. I cant lose my benefits.
I am wondering if anyone has experience with this? TIA

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 12:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I had to recertify my SNAP benefits. I did that online. Now I received a letter that they set up a phone appointment (which they didnt) and I missed my appointment. I tried calling the number given on the letter but nobody picks up after hours being on hold. I cant lose my benefits.
I am wondering if anyone has experience with this? TIA

Yes, in NY. They told me to call the number but no one answered. Then they said that I didnt miss my phone interview and recertified my case. Not sure what that is all about but seems like they are working from home so its a mess. Create an account on Access Hra to track your application and see if they ask you for any documents.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 1:11 pm
Call 718-291-4141 continuously until you get through then file a complaint.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 1:23 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Call 718-291-4141 continuously until you get through then file a complaint.

Is this for brooklyn only?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 1:24 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Yes, in NY. They told me to call the number but no one answered. Then they said that I didnt miss my phone interview and recertified my case. Not sure what that is all about but seems like they are working from home so its a mess. Create an account on Access Hra to track your application and see if they ask you for any documents.

You're giving me hope... I'll do that.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 4:19 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:

Access Hra is for nyc only. Any other advice?

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 4:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Access Hra is for nyc only. Any other advice?

Maybe try this-- https://www.mybenefits.ny.gov/.....ation!input.nysmybw

If you are having trouble with that, this is the main site-- https://www.mybenefits.ny.gov/.....begin

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 5:14 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Maybe try this-- https://www.mybenefits.ny.gov/.....ation!input.nysmybw

If you are having trouble with that, this is the main site-- https://www.mybenefits.ny.gov/.....begin

Thats how I did the recertification. I dont see any updates or requests for additional documentation.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 5:21 pm
If not for covid if tell you to go down to your local SNAP location to figure it out in person. But since they're closed for in person now, the best thing you can do is go through one of the Jewish agencies that help you out. JCC and UJO are two. I've had them be extremely effective in the past when I was about to lose my benefits

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 5:24 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
If not for covid if tell you to go down to your local SNAP location to figure it out in person. But since they're closed for in person now, the best thing you can do is go through one of the Jewish agencies that help you out. JCC and UJO are two. I've had them be extremely effective in the past when I was about to lose my benefits

My local agency says they will add my name to the list as they have a lot of such complains with no one to talk to.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 6:48 pm
Call the UJO in Williamsburg. I don't live there but I use them nonetheless. They work miracles and are really helpful

chestnut

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 6:54 pm
The letter has to have info on fair hearing and a conference, if you don't agree with the decision. Request both and they'll contact you for a conference, during which you'll explain what happened.
You can also Google your county's office and try finding the director's office. They might pick up the phone faster than the general line.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 7:25 pm
X

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 12:30 pm
I do not live in NYC. I do not have a fair hearing option yet as it wasnt cut off yet. I want to avoid my benefits being cut off. Sad Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics