Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Recovered but...
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 6:34 pm
Hi, I have posted here a couple of times regarding my experience with covid. I had covid around a month and a half ago. I BH “recovered” after two weeks but I’m still weak. It’s so frustrating. On one hand I feel healthy and I should have energy and do things but at the same time I feel like I’m dragging myself. Fatigue, blah. Don’t know how to explain it. I should also mention that I’m pregnant, but I haven’t felt this way before covid.

Is this normal? Blood pressure and oxygen levels are fine BH!

amother
Red

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 7:07 pm
Hate to tell you this but I still feel that way three months later and im not pregnant. It’s awful.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 7:19 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Hate to tell you this but I still feel that way three months later and im not pregnant. It’s awful.

I’m glad I’m not the only one. How do you cope? With a house full of kids, my hands are full. I yearn to go back to those precovid days where I can just run out of the house and do errands and come home and cook and clean and do some more. Now I just drag about my day. It’s awful.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 8:56 pm
I feel like that when pregnant (which was btw during Covid,) without having Covid...and not only then, but by every pregnancy, my body is worn out.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 9:02 pm
Pregnancy can be hard. Covid can be hard. You got a double whammy. Take good care of yourself and rest as much as your body needs. Feel better soon.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 4:21 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Pregnancy can be hard. Covid can be hard. You got a double whammy. Take good care of yourself and rest as much as your body needs. Feel better soon.

Thanks, I should. But I feel shackled by it. I’m normally a very energetic person, always doing. I don’t feel myself and thus not in the best of moods.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 9:23 am
sorry to get off topic.

posts like this make me get really mad about all the " covid doesn't hurt you if you are young and healthy" posts

Banging head Banging head Banging head

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 9:30 am
I know of a few who were left for months with similar symptoms. One feels like this after 6 months but she's 50+.

I find that those who continued taking vitamins even months after they recovered, did recover fully. Including older people 70+.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 9:32 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I know of a few who were left for months with similar symptoms. One feels like this after 6 months but she's 50+.

I find that those who continued taking vitamins even months after they recovered, did recover fully. Including older people 70+.

Going through the same thing now...what type of vitamins?

little neshamala

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 10:13 am
OP I just read this in the news today...clinics are opening up around the country for people with "long covid". Covid that left them with long term issues, including fatigue, for months later....

I also read that 1/3 of covid survivors who had a "mild" illness have long-haul symptoms.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 10:16 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:

Yes, please list the vitamins that are important, thank you

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 10:22 am

Sure but they still take months to recover.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 10:36 am
little neshamala wrote:
OP I just read this in the news today...clinics are opening up around the country for people with "long covid". Covid that left them with long term issues, including fatigue, for months later....

I also read that 1/3 of covid survivors who had a "mild" illness have long-haul symptoms.

Thank you for this. Feels validating

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 11:18 am
I had it and felt like you're describing. Plus I completly lost my sense of smell and my taste buds were off. There was a segulah going around WhatsApp that said a particular mixture of spices will help. Someone gave it to and I felt immediate relief. I know it sounds crazy, but it's true. Here's the recipe, but, OP, please check with your doctor since you're pregnant to make sure it's OK to take.

1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground Ginger
1/4 tsp crushed Cloves
1/4 tsp ground Cardamom

Mix with 8 oz boiling hot water.

Sip slowly.

Keep mixing.

Drink while hot.

Drink the whole thing.  It's meant to be taken once.  

Feel better!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 11:30 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:

What they took for Covid.

Zinc
Vitamin D
Quercetin
Vitamin C

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 11:33 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Sure but they still take months to recover.

No. Those who continued taking the vitamins after initial recovery (1-2 weeks) healed completely without any symptoms left or any setbacks.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 11:59 am
No. Those who continued taking the vitamins after initial recovery (1-2 weeks) healed completely without any symptoms left or any setbacks.

Wow! Was there a study on this to show it reduces long term effects of coronavirus infection?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 12:17 pm

I took these vitamins daily until recently but stopped because I found zinc to make me very sick. Would vomit every time after taking it. Anyway, took it religiously all throughout covid and after so maybe that’s why I BH didn’t have it so bad but didn’t help with the fatigue

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 12:17 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
I had it and felt like you're describing. Plus I completly lost my sense of smell and my taste buds were off. There was a segulah going around WhatsApp that said a particular mixture of spices will help. Someone gave it to and I felt immediate relief. I know it sounds crazy, but it's true. Here's the recipe, but, OP, please check with your doctor since you're pregnant to make sure it's OK to take.

1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground Ginger
1/4 tsp crushed Cloves
1/4 tsp ground Cardamom

Mix with 8 oz boiling hot water.

Sip slowly.

Keep mixing.

Drink while hot.

Drink the whole thing.  It's meant to be taken once.  

Feel better!

BH didn’t loose taste and smell but thank you for taking the time to respond and for the good wishes

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 12:20 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Wow! Was there a study on this to show it reduces long term effects of coronavirus infection?

No. I'm just saying what I saw happening to quite a few people I know.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics