Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
ISO Highly recommended therapist 5 towns

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 10:08 am
Hi. Looking for therapist for my teenage daughter. Was using someone else but she's been spiraling out of control, using therapy as a crutch. They don't usually take insurance but if they are organized with payments and billing, I get partial reimbursement from my insurance. Far rockaway or 5 towns. Tia.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 10:14 am
Elisheva liss is fantastic. Rachel tuchman seems very good too, but no personal experience with her

sari00

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 10:17 am
Relief has excellent referrals for mental health professionals...
https://www.reliefhelp.org/

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 10:26 am
I just spoke to someone who had nice experience with Dafna gutkind- though I didn’t use her personally so I can’t vouch for her- I’m not sure of her location
I have been in Aliza Tropper’s dbt group in the past and really liked her and gained a lot though I haven’t used her for private therapy so you’d need to research that.
I heard nice feedback on Esther Goldstein as well- haven’t personally used her.

Good luck!

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 10:34 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Elisheva liss is fantastic. Rachel tuchman seems very good too, but no personal experience with her

Just curious - what does “seems very good too” mean? What are you basing that on?

ellacoe

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 11:11 am
I have someone who I refer to in the Five Towns who is excellent. I have had many long conversations with her regarding clients and general questions that I have had, and I am very impressed with her knowledge, compassion and results. She has experience with teenaged girls. Please feel free to PM for contact info.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 11:16 am
I used elisheva liss and was extremely extremely happy. If you have specific questions you can post here. She does not take insurance.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 2:04 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
I used elisheva liss and was extremely extremely happy. If you have specific questions you can post here. She does not take insurance.

Does she have experience with teenage girls. Specifically adhd and serious behavior issues?

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 3:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does she have experience with teenage girls. Specifically adhd and serious behavior issues?

I dont know. She will speak to you about what you are looking for when you call to make an appointment and will refer you elsewhere if she doesn't think she can help.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 3:56 pm
Elisheva Liss doesn't treat teens

STMommy

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 4:11 pm
Jonathan Cooper is great with adolescents and behavior

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 4:50 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Just curious - what does “seems very good too” mean? What are you basing that on?

Things she has written or spoken

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 6:03 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Things she has written or spoken

Ah. Just remember that therapists are entirely different in session (based on personal experience and feedback from others)

amother
Black

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 6:05 pm
Shulamis Mayerfeld . Excellent and works with teens.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children